Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Hello, anybody there

Chicharito19

Hi,

I have the original Battles from the Bulge. Admittedly I never really got into it but can tell its great. However, I see that there is a soon to be ending sale on CO2 modules, and its me birthday. However, I don't see much traffic here and then I am reading about some issues with the HQ logic nd such.

Been getting back into games like Gary Grigsby War in the West and would like to have something that is complex but yet "easier" to navigate. CO2 obviously has that potential. But I am concerned with the AI issues and the length of time it apparently is taking to fix them.(I know Dave is a one-man show). But I guess I don't see much in the way of posts from players here as of late. Is anybody still playing this game?

Michael

Hi,

I have the original Battles from the Bulge. Admittedly I never really got into it but can tell its great. However, I see that there is a soon to be ending sale on CO2 modules, and its me birthday. However, I don't see much traffic here and then I am reading about some issues with the HQ logic nd such.

Been getting back into games like Gary Grigsby War in the West and would like to have something that is complex but yet "easier" to navigate. CO2 obviously has that potential. But I am concerned with the AI issues and the length of time it apparently is taking to fix them.(I know Dave is a one-man show). But I guess I don't see much in the way of posts from players here as of late. Is anybody still playing this game?

Michael
You can obtain the basic game and three scenarios representative of the game's capabilities at no cost.

From my perspective, the "AI Issues" are overblown, primarily because since the game has been released many other more critical issues dealing with supply, combat logic, visibility, and weather effects among others have been addressed effectively. That leaves some less critical AI anomalies as the primary remaining issues to resolve.

I'd suggest you try the game out for free, and then decide whether it's worth procuring any other scenario modules, keeping in mind that release of a rather significant update is in the works for the relatively near future.

Keydet

But I guess I don't see much in the way of posts from players here as of late. Is anybody still playing this game?
Seems like sales are continuing. Perhaps most folks here are waiting for the next version. Might check over at Steam for more chatter.

john connor

I play it all the time. You can get great games out of the AI. It can be very challenging. Depends in the scenario, what the actual history was, rather than any issues with the AI. The game - including the AI - has been getting better, slowly but surely, for over ten years now. Like Jim says, try it for free, you can't really go wrong, can you? Play Manhay as Axis with realistic command delay and historical set-up. That's a quick, small scenario that comes free yet can be challenging, especially if you're beginning. Let us know how it goes.