Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

D-Day Airborne

john connor

60.png

And an image from another game. This is Battlefront's Combat Mission Normandy, the first scenario of the landings campaign, which features none other than the 8IR on Utah. This is F Coy, if I remember well. I don't play the game anymore, and I took the snap some time ago.

52.png
As it looks today. The area just off the sand the pixel troops are running to in the above game pic.

65.png

And the beach today. Looks like a beach, right?

66.png

Last edited:

john connor

My hopes now are that the 2 battered Bn's I have tasked with taking SME will do so, leaving the 8IR free to attack the Canal de Carentan. I would hope the 2 para Bns who took the crucial exits can protect both Utah beach and Ste.Marie du Mont. If I hold the 2 exits (done), plus Utah, SMDM, SME and the canal crossing I think it will be a marginal victory. In effect that means the priority now is to take SME and get the 8IR in a position to attack the canal crossing. Four and half hours to go....

Daz

I don't have time to read through your AAR thoroughly enough to do it justice at the moment Peter, but rest assured I will when I get time, and am looking forward to it.

john connor

Thanks for the interest, Daz. I keep wondering why I'm posting things like this, since there's virtually no feedback suggesting anybody looks!! I think it helps me get the most out of the detail when I'm playing. Lol.