Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Reinforcements detail display

SamuraiN

Currently, reinforcements only show a HQ icon on the map, with its unit values shown in the Reinforcements Dialog. I wonder if full unit detail display on map, just like a regular unit, can be made possible. The reason is that because of the wide range of AFVs and guns,etc. it is very hard to determine the precise combat capacity of reinforcements. For example, a reinforcement with a couple guns and high antitank value turned out to have a couple of ARTYs, whereas I expected some 88s.

Currently, reinforcements only show a HQ icon on the map, with its unit values shown in the Reinforcements Dialog. I wonder if full unit detail display on map, just like a regular unit, can be made possible. The reason is that because of the wide range of AFVs and guns,etc. it is very hard to determine the precise combat capacity of reinforcements. For example, a reinforcement with a couple guns and high antitank value turned out to have a couple of ARTYs, whereas I expected some 88s.
You can get the information you seek from the reinforcement display. It's explained on pg. 186 of the game manual. To get specific units you can find the information on the OOB display by setting it to show all units under control of the HQ, with the reinforcing units highlighted as yellow instead of the standard display font color.

SamuraiN

You can get the information you seek from the reinforcement display. It's explained on pg. 186 of the game manual. To get specific units you can find the information on the OOB display by setting it to show all units under control of the HQ, with the reinforcing units highlighted as yellow instead of the standard display font color.

Thanks. I figured the precise procedure is to set OB to 'organic structure', and then reinforcement units will be shown in the OB dialog (window) under their respective organic commands.

Thanks. I figured the precise procedure is to set OB to 'organic structure', and then reinforcement units will be shown in the OB dialog (window) under their respective organic commands.
Exactly.

Except in Highway to the Reich airborne assault scenarios, I find on most occasions that the reinforcements arrive far from the combat action, and usually set my first order to march toward a critical location on the map (if arriving as a nearly complete organic unit) or toward their superior HQ (if they are subordinates of several organic units). There is usually time to sort through specific units and refine their orders as they march during lulls in combat action.