Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Briefings about neighbouring sectors outside map (enemy reinforcements)

SamuraiN

I recommend adding a feature to inform the commander about situations in neighbouring sectors, and I think the easiest viable solution is to make some pop-up briefings during scenario game-play.

For example, in the Highway to the Reich pack, the German sector commander should be able to have an approximate idea when the XXX corps will arrive in the sector, and plan accordingly. And in many other scenarios, the commander should have an idea about directions that enemy forces can come from because of breaches in friendly sectors. The info does does not need to be precise but some intel should be available.

Last edited:

Rob

I recommend adding a feature to inform the commander about situations in neighbouring sectors, and I think the easiest viable solution is to make some pop-up briefings during scenario game-play.

For example, in the Highway to the Reich pack, the German sector commander should be able to have an approximate idea when the XXX corps will arrive in the sector, and plan accordingly. And in many other scenarios, the commander should have an idea about directions that enemy forces can come from because of breeches in friendly sectors. The info does does not need to be precise but some intel should be available.

Nice idea!

Rob.

For example, in the Highway to the Reich pack, the German sector commander should be able to have an approximate idea when the XXX corps will arrive in the sector, and plan accordingly. And in many other scenarios, the commander should have an idea about directions that enemy forces can come from because of breaches in friendly sectors. The info does does not need to be precise but some intel should be available.
Those briefings are contained on the screen introducing the scenario.

One useful modification may be a posting in the message log of enemy troop arrivals only IF the arrival location is under friendly force observation.