Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Wish list for WWII...

kipanderson

Hi,

Hoping Dave will crank out the major clashes, the classics.

In no particular order.

Stalingrad and/or thereabouts which is happily in the pipeline.

Manstein’s Backhand Blow, Kharkov Feb’43.

Kursk and thereabouts.

Korsun Pocket and what is often referred to nowadays as The Battle for the Ukraine.

Bagration and thereabouts.

Normandy.

North Africa May’42 – Nov ’42.

And.. Tunisia if you must because there are Americans in it and that sells wargames ;).

Good to have Com Ops 2.0 up and running... one of the big beasts of wargames.. :).

All the best,

Kip.

PS. A small tweak to just nudge the AI to try a bit harder to “hold a line...” will be needed for the above. Except maybe for Tunisia..

In addition..., how about:

- Poland 1939 - Poles against Germans (Fall Weiss), and/or Poles against Soviets.
- Finland 1939-40
- Norway 1940

Best
f

For what it's worth, Dave doesn't do scenarios for CO2.

He maintains the engine and provides the tools for developing scenarios that fit into that engine.

Scenario packs are coordinated by Dave after being proposed and initiated by average users like those posting here.

Here are links to user-developed scenarios for aspects of Normandy:

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/pegasus-bridge.204/

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/battle-for-caen.266/

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/command-ops-2-epsom.130/

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/command-ops-2-d-day-scenario.128/

Poland:

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/fall-weiss.203/

and other battles:

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/categories/digital-game-resources.3/

JArraya

Operation Husky - invasion of Sicily - some nice multi-nation operations on a big map.

Grognerd

For what it's worth, Dave doesn't do scenarios for CO2.

He maintains the engine and provides the tools for developing scenarios that fit into that engine.

Scenario packs are coordinated by Dave after being proposed and initiated by average users like those posting here.

Here are links to user-developed scenarios for aspects of Normandy:

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/pegasus-bridge.204/

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/battle-for-caen.266/

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/command-ops-2-epsom.130/

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/command-ops-2-d-day-scenario.128/

Poland:

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/fall-weiss.203/

and other battles:

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/categories/digital-game-resources.3/

Well Jim, I'll post a wish (upon a star) for Dave - Bring the engine up to also have battalion level scenarios!!!
Do all of the Battle of the Bulge - Longest day - Kursk etc...

john connor

Well Jim, I'll post a wish (upon a star) for Dave - Bring the engine up to also have battalion level scenarios!!!
Do all of the Battle of the Bulge - Longest day - Kursk etc...
All of the Bulge? Doesn't KOAD plus the original Bulge pack achieve that? What was left out?

What do you mean by Bn level, Grognerd? You mean a finer grain - ie platoons included in the estabs and scenarios at 'platoon' level, on higher detail maps, covering the actions of a maximum of around a Bn strength but with platoons as the focus? Because Bns are already there, no? Bn level is where we mostly command at now, I think.

Grognerd

No John, I was having a momentary lapse of reason! I was fantasizing about playing at a higher level - not company level with Bn as HQ's but battalions as fighting units and regiment level HQ's. Replay the games Longest day and Watch on the Reine.
Heck John how would you like to play Operation Typhoon or Case Blue with this system on a Regiment level as the fighting unit and Division and up as the HQ's.
I know it's a fantasy but I don't think I'd ever play another wargame! Ha! But back to reality, I'll wait for Bradley at Bay then the Eastern Front scenario pack.
You know, John I could write a book about how much I like this game system.

Grognerd

But from a reality standpoint of doable scenario's
For the "on the horizon" east front, I see your adding in some of the lesser known battles between the Japanese and the Soviets.

I have no imagination however.. So there were like 4 battles around Kharkov, this might be interesting to watch the changes to the armies over the years.
Did not Panther games do the computer game Fire Brigade? (I played the heck out of that one!) Why not a reprise of the airdrops at Kanev followed by the 48th panzer corps defense of the Kiev area?
Wiking had a pretty interesting battle around Kovel, the Soviets could have won that one but did not, this was brought to my attention by the fine work of the Ace Destroyer YouTube channel.
I was creating a scenario of the Chir river battle, I got the map pretty well finished but after I read the progress report over on Steam of putting together the Soviet establishments, I decided I was an amateur and would wait for the official release!

Last edited:

Grognerd

Once the Eastern from establishments are in use I've collected a couple of E-books on unit histories. I thought it might be fun to create some scenario's on the historical battles of the 11th Panzer Division from June 41 till the transfer to the western front. I'm still searching for a commensurate Russian tank formation. Any suggestions?

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
I'm still searching for a commensurate Russian tank formation. Any suggestions?
2nd Guards Tank Corps (aka 24th Tank Corps) may be one option. Operation Saturn and Tatsinskaya Raid, Operation Zitadelle and a bit of Prokhorovka (even though it wasn't among the main actors there, it was close enough), finally, Operation Bagration and Minsk offensive.

1st Tank Corps may be another option. One can start with 4th Tank Brigade promoted to 1st Guards Tank Brigade (Autumn-Winter 1941 and Operation Typhoon), then it was used as a core formation to create 1st Tank Corps. Points of interest are Chir and Kotelnikovo (Wintergewitter) in 1942-1943 and, finally, Koenigsberg in 1945.

Finally, 100th Rifle Division -> 1st Guards Rifle Division -> 1st Guards Mech Corps may be a third option. Start with Operation Barbarossa and Battle of Minsk, then Operation Typhoon, then Operation Saturn in 1942, then Battle of Zaporozhye in 1943, then, finally, Budapest and Vienna in 1945.

Grognerd

Thank you ioncore! Excellent suggestions - I will look to get more information for these units. I had a couple of candidates from the 5th tank army as it crossed paths with the 11th at one point, but overall your suggestions actually have more action in them.

Enzo

Hi,
new to this forum :) but not to this game as I've been playing the first edition HTTR for a long time.
I was wondering if we have a roadmap somewhere on the future module to come ?
On my top list would be:
- Normandy
- Stalingrad
- France 40

cheers

Enzo

thanks !
excuse my ignorance but is there a place somewhere to introduce new member to the forum ? I've searched but didn't find any

john connor

Enzo, there are already some really excellent Normandy scenarios in the Steamworkshop created by Bie. The maps are very beautiful, detailed and accurate, the OOBs carefully researched. One of them (Goodwood/Atlantic) is, I believe, the largest scenario (by unit count) created for CO2. So much so that it's a little difficult to play without the kind of computer none of us have. But all the others play beautifully.

There's also an excellent Epsom scenario pack, which Jim has linked to in post 4 of this thread.

patxikuaundi

bonjour à tous,
cà y est, je m'y suis mis à jouer, enfin primo j'ai regardé des tuto sur youtube dans ma langue, puis déchiffrer en français les 200 pages du manuel, et penser comme un chef et à faire confiance à mes subordonnés.
je me rend compte qu'il faudra que j'achète un nouvel écran, le fait d'afficher un minimum des onglets pour piloter les unités, je ne vois plus la carte, et comme on peut pas les réduire de taille, je passe mon temps à mettre en pause pour surfer sur toutes les boites d'informations !
pour info j'ai acheté le dlc sur arnhem, super, puis je vois que la plupart des dlc proposés ne concernent principalement que les usa et la fin de ww2 coté occidental ! pour info j'achèterai le chaudron concernant l'afrique. Mais il y aurait plus de goût si des dlc concernaient le front est, là il y aurait de la manœuvre de corps très interressante.
Voilà donc ma question, aura t'il des scénarios plus ost front voir asiatique, style okinawa ou mandchourie, phillipines ... etc ...
merci de m'avoir lu

Google traduction
Bonjour à tous,
ça y est, j'ai commencé à jouer, enfin j'ai d'abord regardé des tutos sur youtube dans ma langue, puis déchiffré en français les 200 pages du manuel, et penser comme un boss et faire confiance à mes subordonnés.
Je me rends compte que je vais devoir acheter un nouvel écran, le fait d'afficher un minimum d'onglets pour contrôler les unités, je ne vois plus la carte, et comme elles ne peuvent pas être réduites en taille, je passe mon temps à faire une pause pour surfer sur tout les cases d'informations !
Pour info j'ai acheté le dlc sur arnhem, super, alors je vois que la plupart des dlc proposés ne concernent principalement que les usa et la fin de ww2 côté ouest ! pour info je vais acheter le chaudron concernant l'Afrique. Mais il y aurait plus de goût si le dlc concernait le front est, il y aurait des manœuvres de corps très intéressantes.
Donc c'est ma question, y aura-t-il des scénarios plus ost avant ou voir style asiatique, Okinawa ou Mandchourie, Phillipines...etc...
Merci de me lire

GoodGuy

bonjour à tous,
cà y est, je m'y suis mis à jouer, enfin primo j'ai regardé des tuto sur youtube dans ma langue, puis déchiffrer en français les 200 pages du manuel, et penser comme un chef et à faire confiance à mes subordonnés.
je me rend compte qu'il faudra que j'achète un nouvel écran, le fait d'afficher un minimum des onglets pour piloter les unités, je ne vois plus la carte, et comme on peut pas les réduire de taille, je passe mon temps à mettre en pause pour surfer sur toutes les boites d'informations !
pour info j'ai acheté le dlc sur arnhem, super, puis je vois que la plupart des dlc proposés ne concernent principalement que les usa et la fin de ww2 coté occidental ! pour info j'achèterai le chaudron concernant l'afrique. Mais il y aurait plus de goût si des dlc concernaient le front est, là il y aurait de la manœuvre de corps très interressante.
Voilà donc ma question, aura t'il des scénarios plus ost front voir asiatique, style okinawa ou mandchourie, phillipines ... etc ...
merci de m'avoir lu

Salut, I think you forgot to insert the google translation. :)

Last edited: