Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

TOW Missile Range Question

Hi. I have just started going through the game and I'm curious/puzzled by the annotated range for the TOW missile on a number of the counters. On both the Bradley and the Cobra counters, the range for the Armor Piercing section is 13 hexes which in game scale equates to 1950 meters which is barely over half of the actual 3750 meter range of the TOW missile. Why is the range so much shorter than its maximum range?

Devin Heinle

Administrator
Staff member
13 hexes is the Effective Range. You can fire out to double the Effective Range (Long Range) at the penalty of +1 To Hit. So that TOW can reach out to 26 hexes.

Thanks for the quick reply, I obviously missed that in my first skimming of the rules. Being a retired Cobra and Apache pilot and having flown Cobras and fired TOWs in Desert Storm you might understand my initial concern. Thanks again for such a beautiful game.