Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Can’t access Senario and Map Makers

TMO

Been in contact with David Heath and he basically says it’s not his problem. I had to to an install on a new machine. What happens is that when I reinstall I see Scenario and Map Maker. When I try and use them they don’t work and then disappear from my computer. Tim.

TMO

Also if I try to run uninstall from game it won't let me. Get message "Invalid start mode: archive filename". Will uninstall if I run an uninstall from the control panel Tim

TMO

Done another download and get the same problem, only estab editor not working now.

panzerpit

I do not confirm these issues with the Steam install. Every program works as expected.

Been in contact with David Heath and he basically says it’s not his problem. I had to to an install on a new machine. What happens is that when I reinstall I see Scenario and Map Maker. When I try and use them they don’t work and then disappear from my computer. Tim.

Because the files disappear after you try to run them, more than likely your virus protection has automatically tagged the files and "unsafe" and quarantines them.

On some virus protection programs you can open the program and find the files which have been quarantined.

If your program allows you, then find those files, designate them as "safe" and put them back in the CO2 install directory in Steam.

If you can't find them, try installing the game with your virus protection paused.

Then try running the MapMaker and SceneMaker while the virus is paused.

If the game installs, the files show up, and the files run then the virus protection is the culprit.

If you want to run the virus protection while you play, you'll have to do whatever the virus protection program requires to designate the files you want to run as "safe" and / or "excluded" from a virus scan.

TMO

@jimcarravallah

Jim, you’re a bloody genius! A new machine that had McAffee preloaded. Deleted McAfee and at first sight looks good. Thank you SO much. Regards. Tim.

@jimcarravallah

Jim, you’re a bloody genius! A new machine that had McAffee preloaded. Deleted McAfee and at first sight looks good. Thank you SO much. Regards. Tim.
I'm not a genius. I just retained what I learned the hard way when I loaded a new machine a few years ago.

I think one of the quick help posts pinned to the Steam forum is the note I posted on the problem back at that time.