Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Heroes Against the Red Star Vassal Module

Heroes Against the Red Star Vassal Module v2.4

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
David Heath submitted a new resource:

Heroes Against the Red Star Vassal Module - Heroes Against the Red Star Vassal Module v2.2

View attachment 6363
Here is LnLP Official Heroes Against the Red Star v2.2 Vassal Module. Attached are several screenshots from the Vassal module in play. These show off the new custom UI buttons on the toolbar, which use graphics directly from the LnLT games in some cases, and they are all bigger and flashier than the stock Vassal graphics.

Additional things to look for is our new counter look, now with rounded corners and light shading. The maps and counters are all larger...

Read more about this resource...

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
David Heath updated Heroes Against the Red Star Vassal Module with a new update entry:

Heroes Against the Red Star Vassal Module

Here is LnLP Official Heroes Against the Red Star v2.4 Vassal Module. Attached are several screenshots from the Vassal module in play. These show off the new custom UI buttons on the toolbar, which use graphics directly from the LnLT games in some cases, and they are all bigger and flashier than the stock Vassal graphics.

Additional things to look for is our new counter look, now with rounded corners and light shading. The maps and counters are all larger hi-res digital images...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The following vehicles don't have a button up option in their right click menu:

American:
M113 APC
M163 AA
M901 ITV

French:
VAB
VAB HOT
VAB T20/13

Russian:
BRMD AT
BTR-70
ZSU23/4

Also, the Belgian armor units are displayed under the West German tab in the Armies counters box; they should have their own tab I think.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
When shaking a russian BTR-70 using the right-click menu, VASSAL add a copy of the counter on its reverse (shaken) side above the counter on its front (GO) side (kind of like what happens when you want to read the to-hit table on other vehicles) AND a shaken marker. Usually, it should simply flip the counter on its shaken side (for vehicles that do not have to-hit table on their back). The shaken marker is used for vehicles that do have a to-hit table on their reverse side.

Also, the russian sniper does not have the Ops Complete option in its right-click menu

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
When drawn from the skill box, the Lucky Man skill counter is displayed on the map in a very small size, less than a quarter of the size of the other regular counters

Larry27A

Could we have the "red circle centers on selected unit" feature added to the VASSAL modules, please? I think it is SHIFT left mouse in other VASSAL modules.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Larry, could you post a screenshot of anothe VASSAL module that have this feature? I'm not sure what it is exactly nor what purpose it serves? And just to be clear, I'm not the one in charges of those modules so don't expect anything from me :)

Larry27A

I was unable to take a screenshot. In VASL, a player can right mouse click + CTRL and center the map on a particular hex. This also creates a red circle that momentarily surrounds the hex. This allows a player to draw attention to a particular hex when, say, starting movement or firing.

seagles

Larry, I believe that's custom Java coding in VASL that provides that feature. It's not part of the VASSAL standard tool kit.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
None of the helicopters have an Ops complete or Fired option in the right-click menu

The Phantom F-4 is spelled Phontom F4 in the armies box

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
When shaken, the Russian 2-3-4-5/4 display a shaken half-squad (with a Morale of 4) on its reverse side

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
- Maj Bezarin is spelled Maj Bexarin in the Armies window
- The Zil 131 is spelled Truck in the Armies window
- The Russian PT-76 is missing
- The French 2-FP MG VAB seems to be missing but you can actually access it by selecting the 4-FP MG VAB and then use the Rename option from the right-click menu to cycle between the two 4-FP MG VAB and the four 2-FP MG VAB

Last edited: