Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Error on Solo assistant player aid card.

Starman

On the priority table column heading for Range includes and LOS. It shouldn't as the rules do not include it, if it is intended then it would prevent assaults and Move/Fire that began the move with no LoS to a Player Unit.

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hi! I am happy to report upon investigation that the rules and the Player Aid do in fact correspond, there is no error (yay!). See the Solo Assistant Rules 6.3.1 for the reference(s) including LOS. If you prefer to have the AEO be able to Assault or Move+FIre player units not in AEO LOS, you may play it that way: see 2.2 You are in Command, not the AEO. Also user-friendly is the sentence in 2.3 Ways to Play Solo: "You can always override the AEO and choose an AEO's Action yourself."

Enjoy and let us know which you prefer using once you have the opportunity! :)!

Starman

The same table reads differently in the rules which is what drew my eye to it , Play aid has "and in LoS "

Thanks for reply , personally I prefer less flexibility in a Solo system .

I have posted a variant I will be using elsewhere but need to factor in for Move and Fire and similar actions. Battlefield intelligence via eye in the sky and stratosphere. Those cold war satellites are now being used to track climate change much better value for public money than the ground units.

Starman

My apologies and my bad , I skim read that section and was thinking of LnLTactical Solo system.

However as posted elsewhere I have been developing a less flexible SA and addressing other issues in the current one, for example Opportunity Fire as all Point Blank and Effective Range Orders have fire as an option and none of the Long Range have it. Pointless using them for this purpose.

Current Less Flexible SA , feedback welcome but first draw a card and check if it has fire in PB or ER :droid:

SA for WaW85

PU Playing Declared Orders

From the rules Declared Orders mean you must complete the declared order unless the unit or unit in a stack suffers an adverse result.

Recent replies on declared orders are even more confusing and vague than the rules for this variant they mean as follows.

You will be limited to the restrictions of the declared Order , which means for a stack/unit if it declared move and fire or Assault and one unit suffers an adverse opportunity fire result the other unit cannot now switch orders but can abort part of it if the original order is no longer viable. It should be reassessed less used MP and restricted to a move order. Which may mean continue , halt or just move to cover.

Assess To Hit Score - AHS

• After modifiers, no of FP die less each save that has a lower save value than the to hit one.
• For defensive stance subtract 1 if 6 to hit
• For Offensive stance subtract 1 if 5+ and 2 if 6 to hit (move rather than suppress priority)
• If attacking IPs subtract 1 for every final save value >3 e.g. -2 for 5.

AEO units off Map or no LoS to PU - The first SA Card Pull

Initial pull is for for units out of LoS or off board that enter this turn and within movement range for a move and fire or assault, including unloading infantry into an assault. These units would be moving to contact and/or supporting main Attack/Defence and tactically sound they act first.

For these first check Red and Yellow for possible Assault or Move and Fire only execute those orders if the AEO unit/stack has a 0+ AHS in Offensive Stance or 1+ AHS in Defensive Stance.

Then Secondary Orders for units with no PU in LoS.
For the last secondary order "Move Off Board units onto the map" or if all AEO units start off map then these units enter using the Red,Yellow, Blue priorities and secondary orders on this card as above, counting movement range from hex of entry.

AEO units with LoS to PU subsequent SA order card pull(s)

Units of the same type(Inf/IFV/Tank/Infantry/ Inf + SW, Recon, SPA) within PB range of each other would be considered a group, including a single AEO unit or stack, two groups if two different types in a stack.
Pull a separate card for each group pulling cards from smallest to largest groups.

Opportunity Fire Decision

Priority unit is unstacked AEO with greatest AHS include deploy SW, Leaders/HQ are assigned/deployed not stacked but will impact AHS score.

Opportunity Fire dependent on result of Card Pull
For PB or ER only fire if the single word fire is first order, LR if Execute Counteractions.
Defensive Stance includes an Offensive Stance unit occupying a Victory Objective(VO)

NO card pull needed AEO Defensive Stance

• PU has Assault order or will gain Objective, if the PU AHS is 1+ for eliminate AEO unit objective.
• PU in no cover and adjacent to hex that provides cover, in direction of travel.

May Opportunity , Fire Card Pull required (see above)

If AHS 0+ for Defensive Stance and 1+ for Offensive Stance and one of the following applies
• Formation acted this turn
• Direction of travel of PU is within 2 x MP of VO
• Direction of travel of PU with Move and Fire/Assault if PU has AHS of 2+ vs AEO unit(s).
• Out of Command

EDIT accounted for Improved Positions in AHS , clarity and typos

Last edited:

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Nicely done! :)

MIy apologies and my bad , I skim read that section and was thinking of LnLTactical Solo system.

However as posted elsewhere AI have been developing a less flexible SA and addressing other issues in the current one, for example Opportunity Fire as all Point Blank and Effective Range Orders have fire as an option and none of the Long Range have it. Pointless using them for this purpose.

Current Less Flexible SA , feedback welcome but first draw a card and check if it has fire in PB or ER :droid:

SA for WaW85

PU Playing Declared Orders

From the rules Declared Orders mean you must complete the declared order unless the unit or unit in a stack suffers an adverse result.

I read this that in any event you will be limited to the restrictions of the declared Order , which means for a stack/unit if it declared move and fire/load/unload/assault and one unit is disrupted the other unit cannot now ignore restrictions from the original Order but within that can abort part of it , if not viable to Assault or Move and Fire then order should be reassessed less used MP and restricted to a move order.

Assess To Hit Score - AHS

• After modifiers, no of FP die less each save that has a lower save value than the to hit one.
• For defensive stance subtract 1 if 6 to hit
• For Offensive stance subtract 1 if 5+ and 2 if 6 to hit (move rather than suppress priority)

AEO units off Map or no LoS to PU - The first SA Card Pull

Initial pull is for for units out of LoS or off board that enter this turn and within movement range for a move and fire or assault, including unloading infantry into an assault. These units would be moving to contact and/or supporting main Attack/Defence and tactically sound they act first.

For these first check Red and Yellow for possible Assault or Move and Fire only execute those orders if the AEO unit/stack has a 0+ AHS in Offensive Stance or 1+ AHS in Defensive Stance.

Then Secondary Orders for units with no PU in LoS.
For the last secondary order "Move Off Board units onto the map" or if all AEO units start off map then these units enter using the Red,Yellow, Blue priorities and secondary orders on this card as above, counting movement range from hex of entry.

AEO units with LoS to PU subsequent SA order card pull(s)

Units of the same type(Inf/IFV/Tank/Infantry/ Inf + SW, Recon, SPA) within PB range of each other would be considered a group, including a single AEO unit or stack, two groups if two different types in a stack.
Pull a separate card for each group pulling cards from smallest to largest groups.

Opportunity Fire Decision

Priority unit is unstacked AEO with greatest AHS include deploy SW, Leaders/HQ are assigned/deployed not stacked but will impact AHS score.

Opportunity Fire dependent on result of Card Pull
For PB or ER only fire if the single word fire is first order, LR if Execute Counteractions.
Defensive Stance includes an Offensive Stance unit occupying a Victory Objective(VO)

NO card pull needed AEO Defensive Stance

• PU has Assault order or will gain Objective, if the PU AHS is 1+ for eliminate AEO unit objective.
• PU in no cover and adjacent to hex that provides cover, in direction of travel.

May Opportunity , Fire Card Pull required (see above)

If AHS 0+ for Defensive Stance and 1+ for Offensive Stance and one of the following applies
• Formation acted this turn
• Direction of travel of PU is within 2 x MP of VO
• Direction of travel of PU with Move and Fire/Assault if PU has AHS of 2+ vs AEO unit(s).
• Out of Command