Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Mare Nostrum Artwork

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
Thread started for Mare Nostrum artwork. The Bersaglieri Squad is my favorite LnL counter.

Stefano G.

From another thread:

Thanks Ralph!
Well... a bersaglieri holding a Breda 30 could be an artwork for an italian hero counter.

Hi David, considering the insufficient supply of very good italian submachine gun (MAB 38) , italian heroes should carry different weapons (relating their unit type).
Mainly few Folgore and Alpini (mountain infantry) units were equipped with MAB...it would be nice to have an hero with MAB and Molotov cocktail (used at El Alamein by Folgore and during Rossos Russian Village defense by "Monte Cervino" Alpini Battalion).
Italian High command appreciated MAB too late : Blackshirts of R.S.I. (Italian Social Republic - Republic of Salò) used it too.

Savoia Cavalry (it will be nice to use such units in a next LOF Russian scenario) during Isbuschenskij charge had Russian PPSh submachine guns and an hero riding with this weapon would be very nice :) (...even if, in Africa theater of war, PPSh would have no historical sense :confused: )

Btw, an hero is a V.I.P. all in all, and, despite his unit type, he can carry the best of its country armory,...and to see a bersagliere hero taking aim with Breda30 is a very good heroic image :cool: ...but do not name him "Sgt. Basilone"! :D

Tyler Roush

Is the sample counter artwork up somewhere? I didn't see anything on your FB, David. Looking forward to seeing this!

Mark747

Give us a peak at Brits in short pants, too.*

*Did that come out the wrong way?

Stefano G.

"Yeah, yeah, but first finish HoP!

Yes, off course, just now I'm drawing last american weapon teams.... how go final scenario playtests?

hehehe...David, considering your significant graphic work load for next months......you would need a Graphic Leader with supporting Moral of "8" :D ...its Leadership can be "0": your graphic "Firepower" is so great that does not need any help!:) ;)

Cottonbaler

Mark and company,
The Mare Nostrum artwork looks outstanding -- congratulations on excellent work! I'm really looking forward to the release of this LNL expansion. I have a question though about completion of the Mare Nostrum artwork:

I pledged/purchased the leader package back in March and have heard nothing from LNL regarding the image needed to be used on the leader counter. When will you need one and how should it be sent to you for inclusion in the expansion's artwork?

Apologies for using this forum to ask the question, but I have sent several emails over the past two months through the old and now new websites without response. Please feel free to take your response off-forum if you prefer.

Many thanks in advance for answering this query as well as thanks for such a great tactical gaming system.

Steve

Like Cottenbaler, I also pre-purchased / pre-ordered Mare Norstrum Leader Purchaser in October 2012 as well as ANZAC Attack Boxed Purchaser in September 2012. Other than requesting my t-shirt size, I have yet to hear on name preference with ANZAC Attack, or with info needed for Mare Norstrum. E-mail for me is robter@roadrunner.com.

Aside from that, thanks for a great product and all that you've done for all of us, and for the ability of an old time war gamer to rejuvenate himself :)

Stefano G.

Like Cottenbaler, I also pre-purchased / pre-ordered Mare Norstrum Leader Purchaser in October 2012 as well as ANZAC Attack Boxed Purchaser in September 2012. Other than requesting my t-shirt size, I have yet to hear on name preference with ANZAC Attack, or with info needed for Mare Norstrum. E-mail for me is robter@roadrunner.com.

Aside from that, thanks for a great product and all that you've done for all of us, and for the ability of an old time war gamer to rejuvenate himself :)
Hi, Robert​
your avatar is very nice :cool: ...i have not seen this counter in any LnL games...which LnL game did you get it from or did you make it by yourself?:)

Thank you, but I have to give credit, where credit is due. Though I did make it myself, I used pieces from elsewhere to put it together. The artwork of the figure and SF insignia came from the internet, though I don't know whose artwork it is. The numbers and motivation came from Mr. Julien. I used the numbers from his counters and carefully looked at how he did his work and pieced it all together with a photo shop type program called GIMP 2. I am glad that you like it. I just hope I haven't violated any copyright infringements by making it :(

David Julien

Website
www.facebook.com
Nice, I think that you talk about this unused French special force counter. ;)
ih36.jpg