Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Using Vassal and dont want to wait for the box to be shipped...?

Andrew Keith

Hi,

I have purchased the Starter Kit and since found its Vassal version and started playing solo while waiting for the box to arrive (ordered a few weeks ago and I think just delivered - I am in Australia). Getting the hang of play (with lots of reference to the rules, forgetting things (like spotting) and going back and doing it over), and really enjoying the system. [Also purchased the Solo system]

So my question is this. If I want to order another module like Heroes of Normanby (and having downloaded the Vassal module) is there a way I can get the scenarios and module specific rule elements as a downloadable while I await the box to ship to me (2 to 3 weeks)?

Then I could see if I could get some PBeM happening.

Thanks,
Andrew

Barthheart

Staff member
Hi Andrew,
Short answer is no.
They hold back the scenarios and module rules so that people have to actually own the game to play on VASSAL.

You could, however, start a VASSAL game of HoN with someone who does have the game and they can setup the scenario and fill you in on the rules as you play.

Andrew Keith

Hi Andrew,
Short answer is no.
They hold back the scenarios and module rules so that people have to actually own the game to play on VASSAL.

You could, however, start a VASSAL game of HoN with someone who does have the game and they can setup the scenario and fill you in on the rules as you play.

Thanks - I totally get that they want people to buy the game - otherwise they would be out of business. I was asking when I buy the game can I get a downloable PDF of the scenarios and specific rules so that I could start playing immediately on Vassal - not wait the 2 -3 weeks for the box to arrive?

Barthheart

Staff member
They have never made the scenarios or specific rules available in pdf format, and probably never will.

Rydo

There war Forgotten heroes and anzac attack in pdf format avaible for purchase years ago.
But they're not doing that anymore.
The pc version is on the way so you can give it a try ;)