Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Looking at Estab Editor - Ronsonability??

Grognerd

What does this mean, I can't seem to find it in a search for the word.

Never-mind, dang! It pays to look in the manual! I'm such a dingbat.

Last edited:

Grognerd

Hello Jim how are you? Hope OK, yep I looked at the manual and edited my post. Must be human nature to ask first, then remember to look for myself!

Just downloaded your Establishment for your Kursk scenario made for Command Ops 1.
Command Ops 2 converted it so I thought I would play around some with adding as much as I can to it. Just working on an Excel spreadsheet now to determine what all is in it versus what all is required.
I'd like to attempt a few Russian Front scenarios. Chir River - Aksay River - 48th Pz Korps at Kursk all from the Panzer Battle book. Then move on to a decent scenario for the Wiking SS division after the destruction of Army Group Center.
Found a half way good source map(s) for elevation in Russia.
Hopefully the converted Estab files will work ok after Command Ops 2 converted it!
Certainly got a lot of time here in self quarantine...

Hello Jim how are you? Hope OK, yep I looked at the manual and edited my post. Must be human nature to ask first, then remember to look for myself!

Just downloaded your Establishment for your Kursk scenario made for Command Ops 1.
Command Ops 2 converted it so I thought I would play around some with adding as much as I can to it. Just working on an Excel spreadsheet now to determine what all is in it versus what all is required.
I'd like to attempt a few Russian Front scenarios. Chir River - Aksay River - 48th Pz Korps at Kursk all from the Panzer Battle book. Then move on to a decent scenario for the Wiking SS division after the destruction of Army Group Center.
Found a half way good source map(s) for elevation in Russia.
Hopefully the converted Estab files will work ok after Command Ops 2 converted it!
Certainly got a lot of time here in self quarantine...
That estab was created by someone else.

I haven't done any Russian front scenarios.

You might be thinking of Chris Molinari's Sharp Edge Gaming site.

He's done a few Russian Front scenarios.

Grognerd

That estab was created by someone else.

I haven't done any Russian front scenarios.

You might be thinking of Chris Molinari's Sharp Edge Gaming site.

He's done a few Russian Front scenarios.
I'm sorry, thought it was you, it is a user named John Connor - My memory is not very sharp.

Grognerd

Jim can you or anybody tell me...
Will I have issues using an establishment from CO1 after being converted upon opening it in CO2?
I'm trying to decide if I should start from scratch with this estab file using the latest one in CO2. I did get one cryptic warning over some sort of artillery range item. But comparing the files they look the same. I just wonder if there is some differences that are unseen.
Starting from scratch won't be a huge loss of data.

Grognerd

Hi Grognerd, how did you convert CO 1 to CO 2?
Totally by accident. Just had the file from resources section from John Connors Russian front on my desktop and opened it in the establishment editor of CO2 - it went through some form of converting (due to the dialog box explanations as it opened). Had one warning about artillery then it opened. Not sure I want to use it though, not sure how well it will work.

Tainster

Totally by accident. Just had the file from resources section from John Connors Russian front on my desktop and opened it in the establishment editor of CO2 - it went through some form of converting (due to the dialog box explanations as it opened). Had one warning about artillery then it opened. Not sure I want to use it though, not sure how well it will work.
Thanks for that. I'll have a go later and see how I get on.

Jim can you or anybody tell me...
Will I have issues using an establishment from CO1 after being converted upon opening it in CO2?
I'm trying to decide if I should start from scratch with this estab file using the latest one in CO2. I did get one cryptic warning over some sort of artillery range item. But comparing the files they look the same. I just wonder if there is some differences that are unseen.
Starting from scratch won't be a huge loss of data.
If it opens in CO2, it can be used in a CO2 scenario..

Keep in mind, a CO1 Estab lacks information that is used in CO2, which was written to improve on the functions available in CO1.