Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Curiosity killed the cat

funky

A personal curiosity.

The digital version AI is based on the solo module?

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
No, the solo module requires a number of decisions to be made by the human player that are extremely difficult for computers to make - they might not seem like actual decisions, but they are. A sentence as simple as the one in section 3.2: "if you think the AEO's action is not in the best interest of the AEO, use common sense to override the decision" is just a huge undertaking all by itself.

(This is the main battle with all AI, humans are really good at simplifying large amounts of data very quickly).

Thanks for the info Tom.

Is the AI able to use the same standard suite of commands available to the human player?

Cheers Chris

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Yes, except for some skills I haven't gotten around to yet.

(Though I must say I haven't seen it use smoke in forever.... that might be broken, but on the other hand the lowish odds of actually making the smoke roll make me not worry about it too much at the moment.)