Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Heroes of the Nam Vassal Module

Heroes of the Nam Vassal Module v2.4

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
David Heath submitted a new resource:

Heroes of the Nam - Heroes of the Nam v2.2

View attachment 6392
Here is LnLP Official Heroes of the Nam v2.2 Vassal Module. Attached are several screenshots from the Vassal module in play. These show off the new custom UI buttons on the toolbar, which use graphics directly from the LnLT games in some cases, and they are all bigger and flashier than the stock Vassal graphics.

Additional things to look for is our new counter look, now with rounded corners and light shading. The maps and counters are all larger hi-res...

Read more about this resource...

Paul S Young

Just downloaded the module, and noticed the 'Mark Unmoved' button is missing from the toolbar.

Quick fix: In Module Editor, double-click 'Boards', and set 'Mark Pieces that Move' from 'Never' to 'Always', and the default button will appear.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
There is no North arrow marker, nor bunker counters. The M-18 counter does not have an undeployed side. Lt Nightingale is called Knightingale in the scrolling Armies box menu

Last edited:

Trent Garner

Hi Stéphane. We'll get the North and Bunker counters added to the module, no problem. As for the M-18, it actually appears at two separate counters, one named Claymore and the other Satchel Charge, but I realize now it isn't a Satchel Charge. I will change this so the counter is double sided and marked clearly with the M-18 designator.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Thank you for your work Trent!

Note that a M-18/Claymore is not the same as a Satchel Charge. There is no Satchel Charge in the (physical copy) HotN module. What is identified as a Satchel Charge in the (VASSAL) HotN module is actually the back side of the M-18/Claymore counter, showing it in a undeployed mode (thus moveable).

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Flipping the Wounded marker, either with the right-click menu or using Shift-I does not work and return a Bad Data in Module: Image not found LeadershipMorale.png message in the chat window.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
VC Sniper does not have an Opp complete option in its right-click menu

Trent Garner

Hi Stéphane, it's been awhile. I've been taking a break from all things Vassal for a bit. Anyway, thanks for letting me know, I'll get that corrected soon, along with a few other items we've previously discussed.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The following vehicles don't have a Button up option in their right-click menu

M113 APC (ANZAC, ARVN and US Army version)
Ontos AA
LVPT5

Trent Garner

Thanks for pointing out the spelling errors, they have all been updated. Buttoned marker has been added to all indicated units as well. New v2.5 module will be released later today on Vassal website. Also uploaded for LnLP website so David can update.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Thanks!

The bunker issue is probably the worst one, because there is no fix to it (I can always manually add a buttonned marker on tanks)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
When you press the Delete Admin button, the buttoned markers that were manually added (not with the right-click) are removed along the Fired, Moved, etc.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The To-Hit (control-H) right-clik menu option is incorrectly labeled Shaken for the VC 75mm RR

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
None of the helicopters have an Ops complete or Fired option in the right-click menu

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The North Arrow marker is deleted when you press the Delete Admin button.

There is no right-click menu Acquiring option for the VC 75mm RR

Last edited: