Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Digital Bug List

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Is it acordding to the rules that weapon team counters are flipped to their "To Hit" table side if shaken?

I always assumed so, they have the red stripe on the bottom, and the SR, and theoretically might have a different morale # (though I'm not sure if any actually do).

Also, the sniper interrupt still does not work. I know it was not specifically mentioned in the last few patch notes but other OpFire related bugs got fixed. So i just want to make sure you are aware of it. I had send you an F3 report.

I just tried this in Vierville (which is the easiest way to test it, cause the Germans immediately come on with multi-hex move paths), and it seemed to work. Doublechecking with you - you do have to use the hotkey, were you trying to click the button? And it doesn't work in multiplayer (yet).

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I always assumed so, they have the red stripe on the bottom, and the SR, and theoretically might have a different morale # (though I'm not sure if any actually do).

The red stripe is a relatively new thing, appeared in HOTP if I'm not mistaken. It is not present in HOTN, HON, HATRS and so on

Wiggum

I just tried this in Vierville (which is the easiest way to test it, cause the Germans immediately come on with multi-hex move paths), and it seemed to work. Doublechecking with you - you do have to use the hotkey, were you trying to click the button? And it doesn't work in multiplayer (yet).

If you say it does not work in multiplayer. Does this mean it is also not working in Hotseat mode?
Because I always play hotseat.

Wiggum

I reported a bunch of "Sniper interrupt" bugs with F3.

For example i was able to target a un-activated enemy unit in a building next to a moving enemy unit. As far as i understand the rules this should not be possible since this unit should be hidden, especially for OpFire against a different, currently moving Stack.

Otis

No, but it's probably just the same problem. I did some more research on this, and it looks like you might be able to force Unity to use a particular card with a command-line argument (the info I'm reading is at https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html , the "Unity Standalone Player command line arguments" section).

So in Steam, go to the game properties [right-click on name or gear icon], General->Set Launch Options, and put

-force-device-index 1

In that box. I used the number 1 because I'm guessing that your integrated card is 0 and the ATI is 1. If nothing changes, it's possible they are 1 and 2, or 1 and 0. Hopefully one of those numbers works. Unfortunately I don't have a computer with multiple cards to check myself.

IT WORKS!!!!! Thank you very much, Tom!!!! I was very frustrated with this issue and trying diferents solutions I have found in several forums with games that have the same error but none of them worked. I have reinstalled the drivers of my ATI card, reinstalled the game, etc. Really thank you very much for your help, now I can play the game without problems.

Otis

Wiggum

Text in the briefing can go outside the window and become cut off. See Overload Begins scenario. I play in FHD resolution in fullscreen

Otis

IT WORKS!!!!! Thank you very much, Tom!!!! I was very frustrated with this issue and trying diferents solutions I have found in several forums with games that have the same error but none of them worked. I have reinstalled the drivers of my ATI card, reinstalled the game, etc. Really thank you very much for your help, now I can play the game without problems.

Otis

Although now I can launch the game, it goes very slowly, to the point that it is unplayable. I have attached the new log in case you could check it. Thanks!

Otis

Attachments

• Player.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 1

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
I don't think it's using the ATI card still, it says it's using "Microsoft Basic Render Driver (ID=0x8c)". It does say it has 2 gigs video (or fake video) ram, so it'll actually start. Maybe try another number in that command line switch?

Otis

I don't think it's using the ATI card still, it says it's using "Microsoft Basic Render Driver (ID=0x8c)". It does say it has 2 gigs video (or fake video) ram, so it'll actually start. Maybe try another number in that command line switch?

Thanks Tom. I have tried different combinations (-2, -3, -0, etc) but only works -1 and this command only uses Microsoft Basic Render Driver (ID=0x8c) as a principal card.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Hmm... I'm kind of out of ideas then. I assume you've updated your graphic card drivers at some point. I'm not familiar with ATI cards unfortunately.

Wiggum

Some LOS and Bugs in "Kallams Bridge" Scenario:

LOS:

Looks like something is wrong with the LOS through bridges is handled, look at these 3 screenshots:
View attachment 8395
View attachment 8396
View attachment 8397

Also please note how the blue Range Value from the LOS Tool is not displayed correctly, seems to have something to do with map orientation because maps with normal rotation its fine.

Also, this LOS looks also odd:
View attachment 8398

• Wreck:
There is also a Wreck marker that the americans cant move. Looking at the briefing the american player should be able to position it where he wants.
Also, the Wreck marker stays ontop of the unit counters, should be at the bottom of the Stack just like a foxhole.

I think this is all still relevant, especially the LOS bugs since they are not yet fixed and the scenario just became avaiable in MP:

Wiggum

There seems to be a LOS Bug with Bocage, reported on the Steam Forums:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1149940/discussions/0/2244427453123184835/

Here is the screenshot for it:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2107112686

Stéphane wrote:
But to answer the question, this is a bug. In fact, unless your unit was marked with a moved, assault moved of fired marker, the buttoned tank should not be able to spot your bazooka-toting hero while he can fire at the tank. To quote the HON rulebook about bocage:

A Bocage hexside blocks LOS traced through or along the Bocage hexside from the same level to the same level.

Bocage doesn’t block LOS to a hex in which the Bocage forms a hexside. However, units adjacent to a Bocage hexside must be spotted if the attacker’s LOS crosses the Bocage hexside.

If the attacker’s LOS does NOT cross the Bocage hexside, units adjacent to the Bocage hexside don’t need to be spotted unless required by other terrain in the hex LOS traced along a Bocage hexside is blocked

This must be understood in the context that unit usually autospot adjacent hexesbut not buttoned tank.

Wiggum

@Tom

Yesterday Jack an i played a multiplayer game and reported some bugs (some actually really big ones).
We also reported a bug when a unit was spotted although it should not because it had not done anything and only a shaken german unit was next to it (shaken units dont automatically spot adjecant).

We wondered why my tank could still see and fire on his unit and thought it was a bug with shaken units that can spot adjecent hex but thats not the case. I guess we had some desync problems or bugs with the "Acquiring" marker for the tank because:

A firing unit under an Acquiring mark-
er DOES NOT NEED TO SPOT (10.1) an
otherwise unspotted hex occupied by a
target with the same-lettered Acquisition
marker
So i guess his unit was spotted because my tank had an Acquiring marker that was bugged in some way and did not show up like it should have or generelly there was a desync bug with the Acquiring marker. I later reported another bug with a Acquiring marker.

Last edited:

Wiggum

There seem to be a number of bugs with vehicles, especially with Acquiring Markers:

Bug with OpFire and Acquiring markers for vehicles. enemy units moved to building Hex E3 and the tank in E6 did OpFire and gained an Acquiring marker. Then the tank in Hex G3 did OpFire at the same hex and suddenly the Acquiring marker of the other tank was gone. Actually no Acquiring marker was now there. Both tanks should have Acquiring markers i guess at that hex and only loose it if the unit continues to move away. (Note that i had issues with dissapearing Acquiring markers also both in SP and MP since release of the game with vehicles and WT's already a few times.)

20200526110805_1.jpg

Another Bug:
Also, i did a spotting attempt with a tank and he failed and got marked Ops Complete, the tank did nothing else and later a enemy unit moved towards him and he was unable to OpFire at it although the rules say Vehicles marked OpsComplete can still Opfire (with reduced FP).

Last edited:

Wiggum

Other vehicle bug's:
  • At the beginning of the impulse i buttoned a tank (so nobody is sticking his head out of it). then moved from hex I3 to H3 and now comes the bug...the enemy squads in hex D5 got a chance to OpFire on the tank although he was buttoned and the PIAT weapon they had has only a range of two hex (the tank was 4 hex away). I decided to do the OpFire (since i was playing Hotseat) but...no surprise, nothing happened. So definitely a bug.
  • When you unload and then load a squad ontop of a vehicle you get the option shown to move the squad "Downstairs". this option is used to go downstairs if you are in the second floor of a building.

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Sure, there are some tanks that can't be buttoned and it is not always clear even in the bordgame so maybe you would have managed to button an open-top vehicle (all sorts of crazy things happen in playtest)

Wiggum

Sure, there are some tanks that can't be buttoned and it is not always clear even in the bordgame so maybe you would have managed to button an open-top vehicle (all sorts of crazy things happen in playtest)

But in my case i guess its a confirmed bug with a Panzer IV.
There seem to be a few bugs associated with Acquiring markers.

Wiggum

The newest update says: "fixed Assault Move button not showing for passengers that could use it" but im still unable to select Assault move with a squad that dismounted all they can do is a regular move (and yes, the squad can Assault Move)

Checked it with 2 tanks, passengers ontop of the vehicle and could not select Assault move as movement mode.