Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

NaW Digital Bug List

Aaron Sibley

+2 on the AI as a bad opponent. I had the same issue that Wiggun did with the first scenario. The AI troops just ran away and sat on the board edge in the open. Same scenario with the AI on the attack, the half tracks kept shooting with one dice against an improved position, which if they had hit negates their hit, so a pointless shot that a live opponent would never make.

Wiggum

Bug report during MP game:

At the beginning of my activation i got reinforcements but i first clicked on one of my units and the "perform action" menu overlapped the reinforcements screen. could not place the last unit because of that and had to close the game.
20200509165407_1.jpg

LOS View for Infantry in APCs seems weird. This scenario had a 6 hex LOS limit anyway. Look at the way LOS is displayed for the unit, for tanks it was greyed out after 6 hex...something is wrong here:
20200509172433_1.jpg

Daniel Karsai

Just to reiterate something I've said in another post, AI will be the next thing on the agenda but it is going to take some time.

@Wiggum: The top screenshot is a bug, I'll try to see if i can sort this out today.
I'm not sure what seems to be the problem in the second screenshot, LOS is only shown as far as the longest attack range (in this case HE is the only type, indicated by the yellow outline). I suppose extending the faded area outside of the furthest range could help.
That infantry in the third shot seems to be out of range for op fire. The halftrack is a hard target, so AP range is considered, even in extended range the infantry would have a reach of 2, but the movement of the enemy is 3 hexes away at the closest point.

Wiggum

I'm not sure what seems to be the problem in the second screenshot, LOS is only shown as far as the longest attack range (in this case HE is the only type, indicated by the yellow outline). I suppose extending the faded area outside of the furthest range could help.
t.

Ok, I think extending the faded area as you suggested should be done since the way it looks currently is really confusing...it looks like I have LOS all the way down to the south west even beyond the forest

Daniel Karsai

Sorry, it's not currently possible to load games into multiplayer.
Approaching the early access release we had limited ability to test multiplayer and this feature had to be delayed due to security concerns.
It should be added in the future.

Wiggum

Sorry, it's not currently possible to load games into multiplayer.
Approaching the early access release we had limited ability to test multiplayer and this feature had to be delayed due to security concerns.
It should be added in the future.

What kind of security concerns? That the other player could mess with the savegame and place units differetnly? I would trust my opponents with that.

Or some more malicious stuff like hacking?

Daniel Karsai

Depending on the implementation, the player performing the load could have the ability to send ANY file to the other player's save folder. For the most part this would concern users who mistakenly click on the received files outside of the game but I'm also wondering if it's possible to inject other malicious things that can trigger from inside the game.
I'm not very knowledgable on security so I'm just trying to be cautious.

Wiggum

Depending on the implementation, the player performing the load could have the ability to send ANY file to the other player's save folder. For the most part this would concern users who mistakenly click on the received files outside of the game but I'm also wondering if it's possible to inject other malicious things that can trigger from inside the game.
I'm not very knowledgable on security so I'm just trying to be cautious.

Maybe consult with Tom who does the LnL Tactical Digital game. There saving&loading during MP is possible and works.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Played the A Bloody Victory scenario as Germans against American AI:

* Once a unit is placed on the map, you cannot undo this placement. It is very easy to hit the mouse button while scrolling the map
* German improved positions and mines could be placed outside of the German setup area
* Improved positions were not taken into account against artillery barrage and aircraft attack
* Mines had to be placed at start, while the rules requires them to be placed in a hex just entered by a enemy unit
* Mortar could not climb a hill because that cost 2 MPs and it only have 1 but a unit should always be able to move one hex
* Seeing the exact planned path of movement of the enemy units and selecting wihch hex you will opp fire at, is contrary to thi spirit of opp fire in the boardgame, where you have to decide if you opp fire when the enemy unit moves into each new hex; thus you never know the plan of your adversary until, sometimes, it is too late.
* Fate point on timer is also against the spirit of the game, as there is no such time bomb in the boargame. If there is a place I could see this, it is in the opp fire thing were, when the enemy unit enter a new hex, you have to decide, under a certain time pressure, if you want to opp fire or not. Even then, I think more time should be allowed.
* The "short-normal-extended" range extension for an infantry unit with a HMG support weapon was not reflected on the map, and isd not used in calculation of requitred to-hit (meaning I would fire at extended range at 3 hex, increasing to-hit to 6, instead of normal range, as it should be with a HMG)
* I could not use Fate point to reroll one of my die, only to adjust one die by 1/fate point
* When two units are stacked and one of them is disrupted, the Disrupted marker is shown on top of the top unit, irrespective of which unit is actually disrupted
* My mortar was able to acquire a target while indirect firing
* The AI kept making 1 die attack on my improved position, with no chances whatsoever to have any effect

Last edited:

Daniel Karsai

- Moving units during the setup phase is a commonly requested feature I'm looking to add at some point
- Mines and improved positions being placed outside of start area is by design for the digital version
- I will look into improved positions for barrage/close air support
- Mines being placed at the start is a change I made for the digital version to streamline gameplay, otherwise there would be an interruption every step a unit moves
- Could you please point out the chapter in the manual that says units can always move one hex even if it would cost too many move points?
- You can see the enemy's planned path in op fire for the same reason mines are pre-placed: we wanted to reduce the number of interruptions
- Fate point timer, same deal, having to click "skip fate" would be tedious so a timer seemed like the best option. Some players have asked for an option that disables the timer or extends/shortens it so that may be added in the future.
- I'll look into support weapon range extensions
- Could you describe more on how rerolling a die couldn't be done?
- The markers in stacked being out of order is a known issue, unfortunately it's a bit hard to track down the exact cause though
- I'll see about disabling acquisition for indirect fire. Good catch
- The AI does some questionable things at the moment, it's the next big thing going to be fixed

Thanks for the input

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Hello Daniel!

I should number my poitns; would be easier to reference

a) There is no information in the rules about allowing units to move a minimum of one hex, no matters the cost but IIRC, Sean said that much in a forum. I'll try to find the reference for you or ask Sean about it
b) For the cost of one FP, you can re-roll one of your own dice any time. The game only offered me to raise or lower the number showing on one of my own die by one, for 1 FP.

Thanks for your work!

Daniel Karsai

For rerolling dice, you click on the die itself
There is a tooltip as you can see but maybe an extra line of text would be useful to explain it, I'm not sure if it's intuitive as it is currently

Sgt. Hulka

So this is really strange...

Multiplayer, trying to play "A little tea before we fight." Opponent can join, we get to the start menu - all good. When the scenario launches, he gets blasted out of NaW completely. He tried reinstalling Steam and NaW. Same thing.

But... other scenarios work just fine.

Thoughts?

Daniel Karsai

Does the same thing happen to you if you switch around who creates the game lobby?
Could he check for an error log like this: (it's an album of 4 pictures, the arrows to flip through appear on hovering with the cursor)
If there are any files in there, please forward them to me. I believe the forum allows file attachments, but you can also try copy and paste its contents directly.
I'll test the scenario in the meantime, maybe I can find the cause.

Played multi-player a couple of time now:
  • Last game froze (for both sides) when Stuka activation came up mid-way through game; asking for opponent (German) action.
  • Overwatch markers continued into next activation (not cleared) - unknown if there effect did.
  • Association of HQ with specific unit in stack seems inconsistent.

There really seem to be some bugs here.
  • Overwatch units can not Opportunity Fire.
  • When enemy units are fired on in one hex through Op Fire, you are not allowed to Op Fire on one of their next hexes with another unit,

Daniel Karsai

- Could you tell me which scenario froze in multiplayer?
- Overwatch markers stay by default until the unit performs another action or suffers a hit. If you believe this is in error, could you point out the manual chapter that clarifies this?
- HQ association with units isnt exactly a concept in the game beyond the part where they get replaced (where it has to be placed on a unit of same type). Again, let me know if you see a contradiction to their behaviour in the manual.
- There may be certain reasons why an overwatch unit cannot opportunity fire but the game does not necessarily tell you why - it could be a range issue, line of sight, and so on. We'll be working on adding more info on why certain units don't quality. In the meantime if you firmly believe there is an error, I'm happy to take a look if you can give me a save file right before this happens (the game auto saves every activation)
- As for setting multiple units to op fire on the same target unit, as far as I know that should work properly, a screenshot would be very helpful in figuring out what goes wrong

Thanks