Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Armor Leader Question and Mortar Question

Jack Ruetty

Playing Men of France, You May Fire First and was not sure how to assign the Armor Leader to the tank that comes with the French tank reinforcement on turn 3. I tried to place him on top of the tank but that did not work. I could include him with the tank when I moved but than had to do that every turn and was never sure if the he was really in the tank so that the leader bonus applied. The last option was including him as a passenger but I was not sure if that would have him riding outside the PPO tank. Not sure if this question is a function of the new patch and coordinated movement or what.

Also had a French Unit with a mortar. The unit shook but I could not than change the mortar in the rally phase to dismantled so that I could move the shaken unit. Maybe a bug.

Thanks
Jack

Jack Ruetty

Went back and played with the reinforcements screen with the tank and leader. The leader must be loaded as a passenger. The "Use Selected Units" button must include the word "Passengers". When this is the case the leader functions as an armored leader not a passenger. This was what was screwing me up. So this is working as intended.

Went back and checked the rules in the gam manual on shaken units and support weapons.
1. Found this on page 26. "GO MMCs/SMCs can also flip tripod/assembled SWs and Mortar SWs to their bipod/dismantled side, and vice-versa." The key word is Good Order.

2. Found this on page 17. "During the Rally Phase (3.0), SWs can be dropped or destroyed by a GO MMC or SMC; leave a dropped SW in
the hex, remove destroyed SWs from the Map." Again, the key word is Good Order.

So this situation is following the rules. The shaken unit cannot drop or flip the SW to its dismantled side. He is basically stuck in the hex until a leader comes to rally him.

Sorry to have reported this.
Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
But there is that on page 17: "During the Operations Phase (4.0), SWs can be abandoned by GO or Shaken units that exit a hex for any reason"

Jack Ruetty

Right below what I was quoting on page 17!! Did not try this and have no saves to look at. Just tried to dismantle it to move.

Thanks Stephane

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Note that this is not possible in the Rally phase, only in the operation phase

Last edited: