Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Victory and Glory Bug List - Report Your Bugs Here

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Victory and Glory American Civil War BUG LIST.jpg
Victory and Glory Bug List - Please leave your bug reports here. Please make sure to leave as much description as possible, what side you were playing, what scenario, etc.

Last edited:

Ken Aitken

Game crashed twice as confederate 1862.

Attachments

• ACW Game Log.txt
    38.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Display_Info.txt
    126 bytes · Views: 0

mercenarius

Well, I am naturally sorry that this crash occurred. Thanks for posting the report! Do you happen to have a saved game taken before this happened? For example, .end_player_turn.dat?

If you have already started a new game then that particular saved game would have been overwritten, of course. But if you happen to still have that game, it'd be very nice if you could upload it. But if that isn't possible, thanks anyway!

I will look closer into this. I see what has happened, but it's one of those "this should not be possible" errors. I can't find what's wrong.

Again, I apologize for your inconvenience!

mercenarius

I have found the error. There is no need to upload anything. But thanks anyway! This will be corrected in the next build, which I hope to put out on April 7th.

Again, I am sorry for your inconvenience!

Ken Aitken

It only happened that one time. I played a few more games and found that the AI could be more aggressive for both sides.

thelaw1021

So here's another one: Game starts...ish The process starts, but does nothing. I disabled AV, verified the integrity of the cache, etc. but no luck. Checked the event viewer - nothing. The logs show the game starts, but then they just stop. I start the game and get a black screen.

Anyways, the process dump file is available as well if you need it, just let me know.

Attachments

• ACW Game Log.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 2
  • thelaw1021 PC.txt
    3.3 MB · Views: 3

mercenarius

Thanks for providing those log files with your post. I am sorry that the game isn't playing properly on your system.

The problem appears to be an issue in setting up exclusive screen mode on your system. The game cannot sync to the video card (apparently). I have had one person report this issue with V & G Napoleon and it's a difficult problem to diagnose. But I am working on it already and I'll try to get a fix to you as soon as I can. It's probably going to be a few days, however.

In the meantime, I suppose that you can try making sure that any use of GSync is turned off, at least for this game. And you might also try running the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode. It's worth the attempt, anyway, and isn't too hard to do. You seem like a knowledgeable player, so I won't list any instructions for that.

I'll get back in a couple of days with a status report on my efforts. The difficulty is that a standard functionality of the JVM is (probably) what is failing, and that isn't something that I can correct with my own program logic in the game. But I may be able to find something that we can configure on your machine, or to give you an updated JVM.

Thanks again for your purchase of our game! I'll try to correct your problem as soon as I can.

thelaw1021

Thanks for providing those log files with your post. I am sorry that the game isn't playing properly on your system.

The problem appears to be an issue in setting up exclusive screen mode on your system. The game cannot sync to the video card (apparently). I have had one person report this issue with V & G Napoleon and it's a difficult problem to diagnose. But I am working on it already and I'll try to get a fix to you as soon as I can. It's probably going to be a few days, however.

In the meantime, I suppose that you can try making sure that any use of GSync is turned off, at least for this game. And you might also try running the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode. It's worth the attempt, anyway, and isn't too hard to do. You seem like a knowledgeable player, so I won't list any instructions for that.

I'll get back in a couple of days with a status report on my efforts. The difficulty is that a standard functionality of the JVM is (probably) what is failing, and that isn't something that I can correct with my own program logic in the game. But I may be able to find something that we can configure on your machine, or to give you an updated JVM.

Thanks again for your purchase of our game! I'll try to correct your problem as soon as I can.

Good to know. I checked it with both compat mode and disabled GSync, but still nothing. If it is the JVM, I'll start looking on my end as well. If I come across something I'll let you know.

mercenarius

I would like to try upgrading the JVM that is embedded into the game and building some additional logging/debugging into the game's exe. That might not solve the problem on its own, but it might provide some additional information so that I can diagnose this remotely, as it were. If you are interested, please let me know. I'll prepare a patch and post a download link with instructions. I don't mean to make you jump through hoops, however. It's purely optional if you want to try this. I'll explore other means as well. I intend to find out what I can through NVIDIA among other avenues. Thanks in advance for your patience!

thelaw1021

I'm willing to test it out. It'll be about a weeke and half until I can test, so take your time. Took a trip home to visit family and the game is on my desktop. Once I return I'll test it out. Thanks!