Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Digital Feature Requests

Wiggum

Yes, the TEC is included in the Starter Kit and it does give you the Jungle Movement for the VC, without needing the module rules

I cant see a TEC in the manual and therefore none in the Starter Kit. The TECs got recently added to the module rules but there sadly is non in the manual and sadly the module rules are not in the Starter Kit it would be great if that could be added as well as the module rules since as you say yourself the rules are inforced. I cant see any reason to not include the TEC and the Module rules so players can read up on that, recently had a fried of mine confused about the VC movement bonus, told him to look in the module rules but he could not access them. So i say we need the module rules with the TEC in the Starter Kit Scenarios. I mean...why not?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I meant that the TEC is included in the physical version of the Starter Kit, sorry about the confusion.

The Starter Kit included:
1) The rules needed to play the scenario (excluding any specific module rules)
2) The scenario information card, with OOB, SSR, etc.
3) The various charts needed to play (Direct Fire Table, Ordnance Fire table, Melee Table, etc.)
4) The Skill description (only for those skills used in the scenarios)
5) The relevant TECs
6) Maps and counters

Rodger Samuel

My most desired feature is a random-map scenario generator, with the ability to purchase units.

It seems to me that this adds an incredible amount of length to the life of a game, which one would think would boost sales. I hope this is in the works.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
I cant see a TEC in the manual and therefore none in the Starter Kit. The TECs got recently added to the module rules but there sadly is non in the manual and sadly the module rules are not in the Starter Kit it would be great if that could be added as well as the module rules since as you say yourself the rules are inforced. I cant see any reason to not include the TEC and the Module rules so players can read up on that, recently had a fried of mine confused about the VC movement bonus, told him to look in the module rules but he could not access them. So i say we need the module rules with the TEC in the Starter Kit Scenarios. I mean...why not?

There are no module rules for the starter kit. I look into updating them but it may take a bit.

David

It would be great is it was possible to add own comments in the Record tab after finished a scenario.
E.g why I lost, very playable scenario, use this tactic next time, ...

andyl71

I would really like it if the player could choose to use a Prediction Window that doesn't show the percentage chance.

I would rather read the modifiers as they are and make a decision to fire based on that info. With the best will in the world, your eye is always drawn to the % and it removes quite a lot of the decision process that makes board games so satisfying when there are dice and risk involved.

The percentage seems incongruous after spending time reading and enjoying the rules and getting to grips with the system. I want the computer to present the modifiers and roll the dice for me, not help me make decisions.

I think huge strides have been made in the UI in the last few months and it is almost perfect. Having this as an option would complete it, for me.

Wiggum

Please Tom add the ability for the player to "rotate" the map (and counters of course) if this is possible. Sometimes it feels that it would be much more "natural" to have a different POV on the map. Would be great if we could have a hotkey to rotate it.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
I'll see how much of a mess it is. Just spinning the camera on the Z axis is easy but there are a bunch of places where it rotates the counters and map text based on if the scenario is on a sideways map and all that stuff is done when the scenario starts.

Wiggum

I'll see how much of a mess it is. Just spinning the camera on the Z axis is easy but there are a bunch of places where it rotates the counters and map text based on if the scenario is on a sideways map and all that stuff is done when the scenario starts.

If an ingame rotation is not easy to do, maybe it could be an option to choose the rotation during the scenario selection?

Wiggum

How is the music handeled? I see lots of sound files (MG fire, Tank moving) but no music files.
Would it be possible to have the music files in a folder like the other sounds so players can replace them with their own?
I would love to be able to add some battle ambiance files and have them play as "music" in the background.

Wiggum

Thanks for adding that function Tom :)

Marechal

Steam cloud saves would be nice. I play on different computers. The save files from a game are of course only on the computer they were played on, and it would be nice to pick up a saved game on another computer. Also, the scenario record is only on the computer that scenario was played on. Achievements are shared across different computers, though.

Fentum

When playing vs AI I would find it better if the player’s units are not set up on the map, but rather are in a force pool to be deployed. A bit more like reinforcements.

First thing I do pre set up every game is move all my units to a ‘clear’ bit of space and separate them into unit types, SW, leaders, heroes, etc THEN set them up.

Fentum

I really like the commentary box when an attack executes. I would prefer it if the damage rolls were ALSO shown in this box. I find myself watching the attack roll box then having to look down into the general box to see the results of the damage rolls. Better if they were in the same box to avoid the eye movement

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
When playing vs AI I would find it better if the player’s units are not set up on the map, but rather are in a force pool to be deployed. A bit more like reinforcements.

First thing I do pre set up every game is move all my units to a ‘clear’ bit of space and separate them into unit types, SW, leaders, heroes, etc THEN set them up.

You do realize that, in most scenarios, you have to follow some rules regarding deployment (i.e. it is not a free setup), right?

Fentum

You do realize that, in most scenarios, you have to follow some rules regarding deployment (i.e. it is not a free setup), right?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes absolutely. I have played perhaps 25 scenarios this week. Every time at start, my units are ‘set up’ on the map (Unless they move onto map at start) but in very less than optimum positions.

I look at the map and briefing and immediately want to change all the set up to focus on the plan in my head. I can see the map and objectives, but I find it difficult to figure out what resources I have, because all units are spread out with assigned SW, in stacks, etc.

E.g.
I want a fire base centre plus assault platoon right, with both tanks offering long range fire support. Single squad to cover left flank.

So I split them all out, group by unit type and reset everything (within set up restrictions) to suit my plan.

I might think...
Ok I have two leaders and a hero.
Two tanks
Six squads
Two half squads
One mortar team
3 LMGs

I lay them out individually on some area of the board, like a force pool, then consider resource allocation and set up. Having them already allocated, stacked and set up makes it MUCH harder to figures things out.

Last edited: