Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Estab force naming convention

Tainster

Can someone explain how an Estab force name is derived, for example, 0m-it.ad-Arm Div HQ. Parts of this are simple and further explanation is available in the force setting file, as attached. The element that is obscure to me is "0m-it.ad", although, in this instance, "it" is Italy. I am assuming that ad is Armoured Division?

Attachments

• 0m-it.ad-Arm Div HQ.jpg
    0m-it.ad-Arm Div HQ.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 5

Tainster

Yes. Please also note that, while this naming scheme was used in the past, other estabs (like e.g. BFTBEstab) do not necessarily follow it. So it is not a kind of a mandatory format to be used.
So what does "0m" mean?

Tainster

Looking through the Estabs.xml file, i see that "m" is consistent with the exception of the British Airborne where the prefix is "4w"

Looking through the Estabs.xml file, i see that "m" is consistent with the exception of the British Airborne where the prefix is "4w"

The Estab force names are derived by the scenario creator.

I believe COTAEstab used in the CO2 version is a legacy from the Conquest of the Aegean game release of at least three core game generations past. At that time, every game and scenario configuration was unique to the game title.

The first number letter combination in the Estab Force may reflect a convention like the game development team's Estab revision sequencing or possibly revision sequencing and original source documentation for the manpower quantities and equipment in the force.

The question would be best answered by an original developer of that module, which at this time, I believe includes only Dave O'Conner and possibly Richard Simovitch.