Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Learning LOS

Cheeks

Looking for confirmation that I'm understanding LOS correctly.

1) The image below shows the LOS tool as a red line from F7 to I4. The LOS crosses G5 (Light Jungle, degrading). Since the red LOS does not pass through the silhouette (artwork) there is NO degrading modifier. Is this correct?

01.png

2) The image below shows the LOS tool as a red line from F3 to H1. The LOS crosses G1 (Bamboo Hut, blocking). Since the red LOS does not pass through the silhouette (artwork), LOS in NOT blocked. Is this correct?

02.png

Thanks to all who answer.

Barthheart

Staff member
1 Correct. Although the line looks to touch that one tree... to my eye anyway. Good thing the line is thin.

2 Correct.

ThomM

1. Yeah, that looks like it touches a "leaf" in G5. I can't recall if it's explicitly stated in the LnL Rules, but my regular LnL Vassal opponent and I use the ASL rule for calls like that: if the terrain/obstruction in question isn't clearly visible on both sides of the LOS string, it is not in play. I'm always surprised how many times that "borderline call" comes up in play, even in non-urban scenarios.

Surfcandy

They both look blocked to me. The first pic has a leaf it touches and the second pic goes through one of the what looks like pots which is a representation of the hut area and part of the hut silhouette.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The first one can't be blocked, because light jungle only degrade LOS. As for the second one, it is debatable if the pot is really an "extension" of the hut depiction. One way or the other, it probably won't make a big diffenrece

Cheeks

I’ve got a few more illustrations concerning LOS but the wife says I have to do the leaves first. :wtf::wtf:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Exactly, being lazy is the best thing you can do for your lawn. Don't water it; it will grow faster. Don't cut it too short; you will have to water it :) Don,t pick the mowed lanw; it's good for the soil. Be lazy!

Now, of course, if you are foot deep in the leaves, this is different :)

Surfcandy

The first one can't be blocked, because light jungle only degrade LOS. As for the second one, it is debatable if the pot is really an "extension" of the hut depiction. One way or the other, it probably won,t make a big diffenrece
Sorry meant degrade for the first and blocking for the second. LOS seems to touch the leaf in the silhouette. I am reading the rules again after being away from the game for a while. Thanks