Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Hull or Turret hit?

Jack Ruetty

If a tank receives a hit from ordinance, the To Hit die roll is used to determine if it is a turret or hull hit. The question in the digital game is which To Hit roll. I have used the Quick Cards as my point of reference and felt it was the modified To Hit roll. In other words the Dice roll plus and modifiers from the OFT. Positive and >2 produces a turret hit. Tom is using just the Dice Roll without any OFT modifiers. Looking at page 79 of the rule book there is the following "If the to-hit roll is both greater than 2 and an even number." This might suggest it is the dice roll without the OFT modifiers.

I have reported this as an error a few times but now I am not sure. Any help would be apreciated.

Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
it is the die-roll without the modifiers.

Could you poinyt out to me tjhe defective Quick Card? I will add it to my Clarifications & Corrections document.

Thanks!

Jack Ruetty

It is the LnL Tactical Quick Reference Page 9. It is not so much that it comes out states it the way I was interpreting it. The Icon Legend in the upper left hand corner defines the symbol that looks like a red and white circular target as the icon to represent the To Hit Roll. On all three of the Ordnance Summaries on Page 9, that icon is defined as Two Dice + OFT. That is why I was drawing that conclusion.

Thanks Stephane for the help. I will let Tom know I was looking at it wrong.

Jack