Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LOS Question

Jack Ruetty

This is from the digital game but wanted to ask here first before reporting as error.screenshot - Top Malo House - Turn 0 - 0.png
LOS start in red hex and goes to the right six hexes. First three hexes starting from the left are definitely clear. I see the last three hexes as being blocked based on LOS Example 12 on Page 58 of the 5.0 Rules Manual. But not really sure of this.

Thanks for any help
Jack

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
I think I misunderstood a rule (not for the first time). I am applying the rule in 10.3.1 about consecutive Hill hexes but when I read over the rules, I didn't think that the 2nd to last paragraph in 10.3 would be applying to hills, since it is mentioning obstacles and such. I can see how it probably, is, though (and it would make that example above make more sense).

And I was thinking I wouldn't have anything to do tomorrow! :p

Barthheart

Staff member
The more I look at this I think I was a little over zealous in my answer.
The 2nd hill will cast a shadow in to the first hex beyond it. The two hexes after that are visiable.

Should probably shut up now and let Stephane answer these.... :facepalm:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Actually Bartheart, your first answer was right :)

The LOS blocking shadow extend three hexes beyond the second hill (as if the space between the 1st and 2nd hill were filled with level 1 hill hexes).