Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Firing Question

Jack Ruetty

I have seen a number of times in the digital game where I (or the AI) had a tank that eliminated an enemy tank and there were no surviving crew or passengers. The tank was than allowed to fire its MG at a different hex containing enemy infantry. I feel like this is a violation of the rules that limit combat to one hex at a time. Again, don't really want to report this as an error (though I think I have) unless it actually is.

Thanks for any help

Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Unless otherwise noted, a vehicle equipped with a MG(s) must fire its MG(s) and its main gun, in any order, in the same impulse, and they must fire at the same hex; they can fire at different targets.

The only exception that I could see would be the following (optional) rule:
Non-asterisk Firepower-4 MGs fire their entire FP up to a range of 14 hexes when both the turret and vehicle’s covered-arc are aligned. If the turret’s covered-arc is different from the vehicle’s covered-arc the owner must split the FP, firing 2 FP in the turret’s covered-arc, and 2 FP
in the vehicle’s covered-arc—both to a maximum range of 10 hexes. Obviously, the MGs must engage different targets, but all the vehicle’s weapons must still fire in the same impulse.

Frankly, I doubt this is the case

Jack Ruetty

I doubt whether this optional rule is in the digital game as it would than probably show up under the options. I will report it as a bug next time it occurs. I actually think it is more me doing it than the AI.