Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

WSR Scenario Questions

Curt

Hi,

I purchased all 3 core sets, compendium, and solo assistant recently. I went thru the V2.4 clarifications and compared them to the 2.0 Ed’s with 3.0 rules that I have and everything looks to be perfect except for the map set up for Ambush With a Surprise.

The V2.4 clarifications shows the set up to be Map 2 on top with 2 in lower left corner and Map 1 below it with 1 in upper right corner. Map 1 also has a dotted line around it. On pg 21 of the V3.0 module book the map has a totally different set up. It shows Map 1 on top with 1 in lower left corner and Map 2 below it with the 2 in lower left corner. Which is correct? I’m leaning towards the V3.0 module book as it’s more up to date.

I’ve also noticed a couple of issues with the V3.0 module book. First, the scenario Erasing the Bulge on pg 44 does not note who sets up first - only where they set up. Who sets up first?

The second one, which is no big deal to me, is for The Final Breach scenario on pg 50. There’s no notes for the Weather condition. Winter Map + Stuka Mission chit = Light Snow.

I’m really enjoying this series a lot. We just need a Pacific core set and to have the Eastern Front scenarios fleshed out or even an invasion of Poland scenario or two says a guy who still needs to play Desert Heat and Stalin’s Triumph. Yes, I’m liking Nations at War a lot.

Thanks for any answers!!

Curt

Sean Druelinger

Staff member
Hi Curt

First of all thank you very much for support of our games! We appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for the system. Now to your questions.
V3 should be the most corrected version of the scenarios.
Ambush with a surprise is only one map, map 2.
For Erasing the bulge the US player sets up first.

If the scenario uses snow maps and there is not an entry about weather then it just means the weather is clear and there is snow on the ground. Treat every hex as if it was on the non-snow side of the map.

let me know if I’ve answered everything.

Thank you
Sean Druelinger
LnL Publishing

Curt

Thanks for the answers Sean.

I still have issues with Ambush with a Surprise. It shows US 2/16 Infantry setting up in or within on hex of R5 on Map 1. Elements of 73rd Recon in any city hex within Saint-Pierre and East of the river. If only Map 2 is used then wouldn’t that mean that all US units start in Saint-Pierre and east of the river with the 2/16 Infantry having a more precise set up?

I’m not doubting your answer as you’re the designer but even the Playable Area notes to use Maps 1 and 2 and hex row XX1 on Map 1 is the north edge. The German Schtz Btl 107 sets up in or within two hexes of Hubermont which is on Map 1 and not Map 2. The victory conditions even notes Hubermont as a city that the US can control.

I’m really starting to think that the 3.0 book is correct. Could you double check on this, Sean?

Thanks!

Curt

Sean Druelinger

Staff member
Hi Curt

I was mistaken about map 2 being the only map. I was looking at the wrong page number. That scenario does use maps 1 and 2. As for your original question map 1 is on top of map 2 with the map numbers on both maps appearing in the lower left hand corner.

Thank you
Sean Druelinger
LnL Publishing