Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Bought the game from Matrix?

jnpoint

If I bought the game from Matrixgames.com and do want the co2 update, what do I do then?

Joe98

You need to read through every thread here and the publisher has provided the answer here somewhere.

To summarise: Matrix Games has no connection to the new publisher.

If you want CO2 you have to buy it.

The "game engine" is free with 2 scenarios. You can purchase a set of scenarios for $50.

jnpoint

Yes, but how do I get this game engine when it is released? My game is tied up to matrix and it only gets updates from Matrix, which is not possible anymore. I have of course my serial number if it is of any use.

Anyway, I think it is a nice gesture that I can try this new engine for free.

jnpoint

Now I registered, where do I then register the game so you can see that I have the game?

Joe98

You have Command Ops 1. The game under production here is Command Ops 2.

The are 2 different games with 2 different publishers.

There is no relationship between them.

It like buying a Toyota and coming to Mercedes for spare parts.

jnpoint

You have Command Ops 1. The game under production here is Command Ops 2.

The are 2 different games with 2 different publishers.

It like buying a Toyota and coming to Mercedes for spare parts.

OK, let's see if it's that good.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com

Actually this is not the case. CO2 is an evolution of CO1(BFTB). But we have changed publishers and hence cannot gain access to serial numbers so there is no way for us to provide a satisfactory migration for previous owners of BFTB. What we are doing, however, is providing a very affordable introductory package that we hope our existing customers find excellent value.

nicwb

Thanks Dave,

that answers a question for me too. Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party regarding Command Ops 2.

If its not too OT - one thing Matrix did have going for it was the members club - they would allow you to re-down games registered with them. Can I just ask are Matrix still going to support Command Ops 1 in that fashion ? And is something similar planned here ?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
If its not too OT - one thing Matrix did have going for it was the members club - they would allow you to re-down games registered with them. Can I just ask are Matrix still going to support Command Ops 1 in that fashion ? And is something similar planned here ?

They have agreed to maintain the old Cmd Ops forums in their archived section but I'm not sure about the downloads. You are best to ask on the Matrix forums or email Erik Rutins at Matrix direct.

nicwb

Thanks for the response Dave. I was disappointed to see that they had removed all records from the forum.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Nicwb

I have designed the new store system here to expand on those features I help designed and setup at Matrix when I owned the company. When you purchase any game from LnL you will be able to go to your account history and have access to your download but also your serial number. You will not need to open a support ticket in order to request a new link or your serial. Of course if you have any issues you can also then open a support ticket with us. You will be able to see every purchase you make on our current store.

David

nicwb

Thanks David,
I like the idea of a degree of backup and product support that it offers. Its also a factor for me in deciding whether to buy a hard copy or just a download version.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Yes I agree it was a major reason we did it. The games will always be available here no matter if the publishing changes. The only reason it would not be is if the developer requested we remove it. We want you to buy products from us and feel secure you have access to them.

David

blond_knight

Yes I agree it was a major reason we did it. The games will always be available here no matter if the publishing changes. The only reason it would not be is if the developer requested we remove it. We want you to buy products from us and feel secure you have access to them.

David
So while downloading the "temporarily free core game" this morning I noticed that Im limited to ten downloads. That does not make me feel secure that I could access it whenever I wanted to.

Thomasew

Hi,

On the subject of available downloads, .. a couple of things I noticed this morning with 'My Downloads'

When I first download the 'Free' Core Engine, .. it initially said I had 10 downloads, .. it now says 'Remaining: 5' ?!

.. I did have one disconnection during the 1st download, .. and as your site doesn't seem to support resuming, .. I had to start again.

.. but why is it down to 5 now?

Later, I purchased the 'Commander Pack', and when I went to my account to download, it said .. 'Remaining: 7' ?!

.. how did it get to 7, .. when I hadn't even attempted to download ?

When I look now, .. it says .. 'Remaining: 4' ?! ... huh! ... 1 download seemingly subtracted 3 from my available downloads, .. not to mention it subtracted 3 .. before I even started.

I do use a Download Manager (IDM), .. but, it was only using 1 link to download, .. for both the Core Engine and the Pack.

Cheers
Tom

john connor

I also noticed this. But I guess what the boss said is the actual position - we bought it and we can ALWAYS re download. However, it would be better if there weren't conflicting info on this. And the download page does suggest we're limited.