Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Steam

john connor

Was that google translate, Blonkossos? What language would the original be? I think I get the sense, but maybe post the original too?

GoodGuy

Was that google translate, Blonkossos? What language would the original be? I think I get the sense, but maybe post the original too?
Looks like a msg posted by a bot. His first post in these forums actually made sense. Maybe an infected system.

Jones

A bot? What's the point, Gunnar? There's no link, or whatever.

Correct, there's no link on the first posting. The links are added later, as an attempt to get these links by the moderators un-noticed.
It's an old forum spammer trick. Every post by that account makes little sense, and has been edited to include spam links.

edited to add: their first post appears to be part of the thread, so perhaps either a spammer made an attempt to fit in; or this genuine person's account has been hacked and now spammers are using it.

Last edited:

Rob

Hi,
As a newbie to Steam I just want to make sure I've covered all the bets.

Obtained the latest available core and keys for all the modules and installed everything w/out issues.

Enabled auto update for the engine. Does this feature include auto updating for all the official "stock" scenarios as well? OR is there a separate updater for them?

Installed all the user made scenarios in Steam thru the workshop manager. My understanding is that user made scenarios will be updated via the workshop and manually installed by the player. Correct?

Please let me know if I've missed something insofar as it affects the game.
Thanks!

Rob.

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
Enabled auto update for the engine. Does this feature include auto updating for all the official "stock" scenarios as well? OR is there a separate updater for them?
All the stock DLCs will get auto-updated, too.

Installed all the user made scenarios in Steam thru the workshop manager. My understanding is that user made scenarios will be updated via the workshop and manually installed by the player. Correct?
Yes, updating a custom scenario shall be triggered manually (however the manager will help you identifying/showing which scenarios can be updated, if the update is available).

User1125

I need some help in getting Steam keys for the following modules purchased through Matrix: Battles for Greece, Battles from the Bulge, and Highway to the Reich. When I try to register my original serial numbers on the Matrix website it says they are already registered. I also noticed that under each of these modules on Matrix it says Steam Key Not Available.

I need some help in getting Steam keys for the following modules purchased through Matrix: Battles for Greece, Battles from the Bulge, and Highway to the Reich. When I try to register my original serial numbers on the Matrix website it says they are already registered. I also noticed that under each of these modules on Matrix it says Steam Key Not Available.

Panther Games, the development team for the Command Ops series, had a marketing agreement with Matrix Games to release the early iterations of the Command Ops game series including standalone Battles from the Bulge, Highway to the Reich and Battles for Greece packages and continuing to the Command Ops 1.version which included updated scenario packs converted from the standalone versions.

The Command Ops 2 (CO2) game and scenario packs were released exclusively in a marketing agreement with Lock 'n Load Publishing.

Lock 'n Load made an agreement with Steam for the sales and support of Command Ops 2 (CO2) and its down load content (DLC) files. The content marketed by Matrix was not included in that effort.

User1125

Thanks for your response Jim. So I have to re-purchase the 3 modules that I already bought? Has Panther Games and Lock n Load thought about how to compensate customers in my situation? I am all for supporting the developers work, but it seems like I should at least get a discount.

Thanks for your response Jim. So I have to re-purchase the 3 modules that I already bought? Has Panther Games and Lock n Load thought about how to compensate customers in my situation? I am all for supporting the developers work, but it seems like I should at least get a discount.
The Command Ops 2 game engine plus three scenarios can be downloaded for free from Steam.

If you were familiar with the older version available from Matrix, I suggest you play the new version (again for free) to determine if purchasing other modules is worth the price.

Steam offers discounted prices for the modules from the initially-released cost including a "Commander's Pack" bundle which contains all the initially released repackaged scenario packs that replicate the standalone game scenarios for use with the improved game engine plus new scenarios for the same theaters of combat.

User1125

Thanks again Jim. No worries. I went ahead and just purchased the Commander's Pack on Steam.

Thanks again Jim. No worries. I went ahead and just purchased the Commander's Pack on Steam.
When you get comfortable with the new engine, look into joining the Beta Branch for CO2. It contains a test version of the next planned iteration of the CO2 engine with some user-desired changes to the combat and movement tasks.

That release is in the final programming phase, so the Beta Branch serves as a preview of coming attractions to be released at the same time as the next scenario pack, Bradley at Bay.

User1125

Ok great, how does one join the Beta Branch? Also, are you guys planning on doing any Eastern Front modules? I remember it was mentioned quite a while ago, but wondering if you have a status update on your plans.

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
Ok great, how does one join the Beta Branch?
Please check this link
https://steamcommunity.com/games/521800/announcements/detail/2960515017067932814

Also, are you guys planning on doing any Eastern Front modules? I remember it was mentioned quite a while ago, but wondering if you have a status update on your plans.
Please check these dev news here, many of them are dedicated to the upcoming EF module.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/521800/allnews/

Ok great, how does one join the Beta Branch? Also, are you guys planning on doing any Eastern Front modules? I remember it was mentioned quite a while ago, but wondering if you have a status update on your plans.
There's an early Eastern Front mini-Scenario Pack -- Khalkhin Gol -- Russia vs. Japan along the Mongolian - Manchurian border in 1939 -- in the works.

I used these instructions to access the Steam Beta Branch:

1) Right click on CmdOps2 in the Library and select Properties
2) Go to BETAS tab, enter the code into the window and press CHECK CODE
3) Now the beta will become available from the list of branches, just select it and game shall auto-update:

User1125

"2) Go to BETAS tab, enter the code into the window and press CHECK CODE"

Where can I get the Beta Code?