Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Eastern Front Fluff

Imaluckyllama

Hello to all,

I'm new to the world of LnL and anxiously awaiting my order of HotM to come to me before Christmas. After looking at the maps online it would be good to consider to make them look more "eastern" so things like:
  • orthodox churches
  • straw roofed peasant huts
  • snow
You get the idea......not a big deal but this kind of fluff adds to the immersion factor.

Cheers

Frank

ThomM

Each of us has our own “wants” I suppose. I’ve been playing LnL Tactical since the first edition of Forgotten Heroes, and I have to say that with the terrific cinematic narrative this design produces for me each time I play, I’ve never felt the need for more graphic “fluff” than it has.

I understand what you mean, though. But if I had to choose one thing, I think I’d take making some of the SMC illustrations less cartoonish over straw-roofed peasant huts. But you’re likely more visual than I am; I guess when I’m looking at a hut, I just see the difference between +1 and +3 TM!

Oh, and the Noville - Bastogne’s Outpost module has snow-covered map boards. You can view them elsewhere online to see how you like the look of those.

Have fun with HotM - lots of game in that module!

DeHammer

A couple of things that I think would really add some neat touches to the Eastern Front modules & scenarios.

1) Snow maps
2) Stuka D & G anti-tank aircraft (armed with 'panzerknacker' canons).

I'm hoping the new Stalingrad module adds these, plus more city/rubble maps.