Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Digital Bug List

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Got it, it broke when when I added the Quick skill, which was last week sometime (don't remember which day).

Basically for that skill I had to add a record of the number of hexes a unit moves in LOS, and the # of hexes was getting off between the two computers because opfire in multiplayer is a weird mess. :p And even without the skill it now checks that # with "1 hex moved" being the normal trigger (2 if you have the skill) etc etc long story short, gonna do a few more tests just for paranoia, then upload a build.

If you were 'krysterferrobin' you get a bonus star for the bug report that had the nice crash error message.

gipi

I'm not Krysterferrobin (i'd love to be him), but i'm happy you found the problem and thanks, really, for your kindness and fast response :)

Jones

Tom, the support provided for LnLTD stands head and shoulders above so many other game developers. Thank you for all the work you put into this great wargame.

Marcin

Hi
I have problem with UI display. Unexpectadly game stopped some elements UI in scenario and mine menu ( like screed ). Re-install game did not help. On my two others computer game works without this problem.

Attachments

• 20201207010559_1.jpg
    20201207010559_1.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201207010544_1.jpg
    20201207010544_1.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201207010431_1.jpg
    20201207010431_1.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 9
I was directed here from the forums in Steam. I am a MAC user and ever since the June update I have been unable to play the game because as soon as I enter the Lobby of the game my monitor blinks rapidly like a strobe light. I have tried to send bug reports but the flashing screen doesn't allow me to see the email window that pops up. I am trying to figure out how to correct this problem.

I'm experiencing the same problems as @dhines ( strobe flashing). I got rid of it by setting the graphics quality (under "options" in the main menu) to "Very high" instead of "Ultra".

frem

Hi,
The game does not launch on Apple Macbook (M1, big sur) : "BuildMac cannot open"
Could you please advise?
Regards

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Hi there - it looks like when Unity updated to 2020, it changed some settings that removed the Steam libraries for Apple CPUs. I think I found how to fix it, and it will be in today's version (probably uploaded in about 5 hours or so). I verified that it (still) works on an Intel with Big Sur, so hopefully that was the problem, but I don't have an M1 to be sure. Let me know if it fixes it, thanks!

frem

Hi there - it looks like when Unity updated to 2020, it changed some settings that removed the Steam libraries for Apple CPUs. I think I found how to fix it, and it will be in today's version (probably uploaded in about 5 hours or so). I verified that it (still) works on an Intel with Big Sur, so hopefully that was the problem, but I don't have an M1 to be sure. Let me know if it fixes it, thanks!

Hello dear Tom,
Thank you for your prompt action; it's really appreciated. Unfortunately, the fix does not work on M1. If of any help, the Dyld Error Message is:
"could not load inserted library '/Users/frem/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/steamloader.dylib' because no suitable image found.
Did find:
/Users/frem/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/steamloader.dylib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
/Users/frem/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/steamloader.dylib: stat() failed with errno=1"

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Another attempt in today's build (just uploaded). No idea if it actually changes anything so let me know, thanks!

frem

Hi Tom,
Thank you for your effort. Unfortunately it still does not work (to answer your question a bit late, sorry, I have not seen it work on M1). However, when I open the "BuildMac" content in /Users/frem/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Lock 'n Load Tactical/BuildMac.app/Contents/MacOS and launch LnLTactical, the program starts (Made with Unity, the lock 'n Load loading screen), the patch notes appear and in a second the program terminates with the terminal window reading:
/Users/frem/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Lock\ \'n\ Load\ Tactical/BuildMac.app/Contents/MacOS/LnLTactical ; exit;
frem@M1 ~ % /Users/frem/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Lock\ \'n\ Load\ Tactical/BuildMac.app/Contents/MacOS/LnLTactical ; exit;
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions... 19 completed.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
OK I got it running here after tweaking a few build options. Please give today's version a whirl (~4 hours or so til upload) and let me know. Thanks!

Marechal

Playing some of the Pacific scenarios. I had a US MMC running around tunnels, but could not get out. I would get to a cave entrance, but was only given the option to re-enter the tunnel. No option to exit the cave (although in retrospect, I cannot remember how many MP remained and if that could have been the problem). Then I read in the module rules when trying to figure this out that Allies cannot use tunnels. A later scenario also gave me the option of an allied unit entering tunnels from a cave.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
There are no tunnels in Cave hexes; the tunnels lead from cave to cave. What you were doing was moving from a tunnel hex to a cave hex (at that point exiting the tunnel and entering the cave), and the "enter tunnel" button at that point was to move back into one of the adjoining tunnels. Hope that makes sense.

Marechal

Thanks, that does make sense, as it gave me the option of two tunnel hexes to enter. But they could not exit the cave, just enter the tunnel hexes. Besides the possible MP issue, it is also possible the cave collapsed earlier in the game. Re-reading the module rules makes that seem more likely and that I just didn't catch it. As I play through the scenarios as the Japanese, I will have more opportunities for spelunking.

But there is the issue that the allies should not be able to enter the tunnels.