Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

When is a tutorial not a tutorial.

KtBear

Just curious as to why a game would go to the trouble of saying, "Hey, this is a tutorial" like "Hey, we're going to show you how to play our awesome game," then give us Return to St Vith. Do the game developers even know wtf a tutorial IS?? Or am I having a typically blonde moment and modern tutorials don't actually tell you anything about how to play the game? Am simply left with the distinct impression I wasted my money.

simovitch

The developer spent a lot of time and energy creating the videos instead. But yes a written tutorial would be good.

We are a very small group here at Panther games and we hope you give it a chance.

ultradave

In the Quickstart Guide that comes with the game there are a number of pages at the end specifically describing getting going in the St. Vith scenario. You can read along, print out, whatever. Couple that with Dave's YouTube video, which continues the action longer and goes into what to do after crossing the river, and the combo, along with the rest of the Getting Started guide, makes some pretty good tutorial material, (IMO anyway). After that you can dive into the gory detail of the full game manual.

Dave

KtBear

Thank you guys. I wanted to like this game but it made very little sense. Having tracked down the videos and tried again I can see why its still around and played all these years after first release.