Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Enhanced Sound Effects

Brendan

Obviously sound effects needed to be a low priority in Command Ops, given the plethora of complex game mechanics the designer had to cover. That said, IF Command Ops 2 has the capacity to deliver enhanced sound effects I would love to have it added.

To take Dave's question from one of his Tutorial videos: so what? Battle is loud with its own distinctive sounds. Good sound effects:

• increase player immersion, as I and others have experienced in other PC games

• augment visual cues

• help attract potential players to a game, just as good graphics do.

A consideration - for realistic sound effects - is the distance the commander is likely to be from the scene of the fighting or shelling. Given a player's command role, the sounds of battle are most likely to be heard in the middle distance, I think.

I already have several actual battle sound effects - small arms, mortar and artillery fire - and expect I could obtain others, such as tank fire. And I could edit these to add sounds together, if necessary, and 'muffle' if necessary to simulate the effect of hearing them from the middle distance.

So, Dave, if you'd like some help on this, I could put some sound files together for you.

Last edited:

Brendan

Happy to be able to help you, Dave. If you send me a list of the sounds you'll need and the times you want them to run for, I'll gather and edit as necessary. Merry Xmas!