Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Bug or I'm Confused on Valor of the 13th - Cats to the Highground OFT

I'm still learning the rules but I can not understand the modifiers on this particular impulse, specifically the terrain modifier/hill modifier during the Cats to the Highground scenario. Here is the example:

I had a Tiger I on ground 0 (zero) and was deciding between two targets (both T34's) to fire my main gun (ordnance) both of which were on the Hill (level 2).

1. Target 1 located in clear terrain on Hill level 2:
Clear TM +2 (I'm confused why this would be +2 unless it's because of the hill? I thought this should be zero)
Degrading Hexes +1 (concur there was a degrading hex)
Open Vehicle -1 (concur, my tank was open)
Assault Moved +2 (concur, I was performing an AM)
Target Size +0 (concur)
Target Number <=7 (concur, I was over 7 hexes and less than 22 hexes)

2. Target 2 located in fox holes on Hill level 2:
Foxholes TM +1 (the T34 was on foxholes on Hill 2, so I'm assuming it would be +1 for foxholes and +2 for the elevation on Hill 2 but it just states +1)
Degrading Hexes +1 (concur there was a degrading hex)
Open Vehicle -1 (concur, my tank was open)
Assault Moved +2 (concur, I was performing an AM)
Target Size +0 (concur)
Target Number <=7 (concur, I was over 7 hexes and less than 22 hexes)

So my two questions are how to determine the TM on an open hex with an elevation of 2; and how to determine the TM on a target on/in foxholes on an elevation of 2. From the above example I'm confused.

Thanks,
Shred

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
1Was there another vehicle in the hex? There is a +2 modifier for that and I think it gets lumped into the terrain category for some reason that I can't remember right now. I want it to be a separate line for clarity, of course.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Being on a higher hill level should give only a +1. With v5.1, vehicles don't give each other a +2 TM any longer

"Being on a higher hill level should give only a +1. With v5.1, vehicles don't give each other a +2 TM any longer"

1. So firing a "to hit" ordnance with a target that is 2 levels higher, that would only be a +1?
2. And firing a "to hit" ordnance with a target that is 2 levels higher in foxholes would be a +2?

Thanks,
Shred

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
1. Yes
2. Yes but note that vehicles and non-MG WTs only gain the benefit of Foxholes if they set up in the hex containing the Foxholes.