Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Bridge LOS

MCabido

10.3 states: "LOS is NOT BLOCKED or degraded by small pieces of terrain that extends from the firing unit's or the target's hex into an adjacent hex."
10.3.2 states: "LOS that crosses a Wall or Hedge hexside from the same Level to the same Level is blocked if neither the firing unit nor the target unit is in a hex containing the Wall or Hedge hexside [...]"

I'm having some trouble figuring out LOS across bridge wall. The Terrain chart states: "If LOS crosses the Bridge bordering a Wall, the TM and LOS restrictions are the same as Wall."

I'm not sure I understand the "bridge bordering a wall" statement, but I always interpreted as crossing a bridge side wall or even LOS crossing the bridge in such a way that LOS isn't traced down the length of the bridge. So I have been playing in such a way that 1 allows LOS to F4, but the unit in F4 has the TM benefit; 2 doesn't allow LOS to F4, since the LOS crosses the bridge sidewall in E4 (I don't know if 10.3 comes into play here); 3 doesn't allow LOS from H5 to E6 and 4 allows LOS from F5 to G3. I would like to know if I'm doing it wrong in any of those instances.

Attachments

• LnLBridge.png
    LnLBridge.png
    617.6 KB · Views: 4

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I think it should be the wall bordering a bridge :)

Bridge LOS is a very tricking thing. I tend to "see" each hex bridge as if the wall was actually following the hexside when it comes to firing on a unit on the bridge. For exemple, if a unit was in F4, I would look at it as if there was wall along the following hex sides: E3/F4, E4/F4, F4/G3, F4/G4. It simplify things a lot.

MCabido

Stéphane, this is really a great tip. I'll use it. Much simpler to visualize.