Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Bugs that have been fixed for CO2?

john connor

I was trying to think whether any significant bugs were discovered since the last patch, and all I could think of was the supply/base issue which stopped Daz playing Charge of the Centaurs. Remember, Dave? That was (arguably) a show-stopper (it stopped Daz's show, anyway...), and I can't recall whether you noted it, hunted it down etc, fixed it for CO2? Thought I would remind you since it would be nice to be able to play the 'Greek' Greece scenarios when you release the Greek pack for CO2 and this would certainly make that difficult. If I recall it correctly, bases (Greek bases) were disbanding for no reason, and we surmised the reason was that all their manpower was used up hauling manpacks (or horse carts?) and the code decided they were therefore below a certain manpower threshold needed to survive, and disbanded them, ending, in some scenarios (with one big base) all or most of the Greek supply for the rest of the scenario. I can't recall whether that was our assumption as to what was causing the problem, Dave, or your analysis after you looked at it. There will be a note of it in the Matrix forums, I guess, under the AAR section, under Daz's aborted Centaurs AAR.

Peter

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
OK I had a look at the DisbandReassessment code and can see the cause of the issue. Essentially, one of the tests for disbandment is if the current unit personnel level is below a min threshold level. Trouble is it is not factoring in the personnel committed to supply runs for bases. I have added code now that will do that and this should prevent such errant disbanding. Done. :)

john connor

Great! Very quick, Dave! I was worried my reminder had slowed everything down. Thanks.

Daz

Not a bug per se Dave, but have you had time to change the default behaviour, as requested by the community, of the Attack at Time, so that if a unit is not in position to conduct the assault at the time of the Attack at Time, it will slip the timings instead of aborting the attack altogether?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Not a bug per se Dave, but have you had time to change the default behaviour, as requested by the community, of the Attack at Time, so that if a unit is not in position to conduct the assault at the time of the Attack at Time, it will slip the timings instead of aborting the attack altogether?
No. That will take a bit more work and will have to wait for now. If no other issues are raised in the internal beta testing then I may get to it. But I am not promising anything at this stage.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
As I mentioned in that thread this issue will be solved through a number of stages. The first stage was to separate out the data screens into their own dialogs. This we have done in CO2. The next stage will be to make the dialogs expandable. Then we need to write code to increase the size of each text box in the dialog and then offset every object's position within the dialog and expand the dialog to accommodate the increased size. This is not a trivial undertaking. It's very tedious and time consuming. Hence why it will be done in stages. I will undertake to give it priority for the subsequent update. But I suspect we won't be able to do every dialog within the game at that time. We will get there though over time.

luigi

Dear Dave,

thank you very much for your super-quick reply. I know it is not a big issue but it came to my mind yesterday when I re-installed CO on a PC with a second monitor.

Good development,

Luigi