Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

john connor

Think in terms of what is important to the Player to find quickly. I understand this methodology perfectly - sounds really useful. And anyway, Joe, it's optional, he said, so if you don't agree you can do without!

Peter

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1500 Tuesday 3 Feb 2015

OK I have just uploaded our files for the CO2 5.0.3 build to LNL. They will now work up an installer an make this available for our private beta testers. There is a known bug there at the moment in the user interface. It has something to do with the new TaskView dialogs. I have spent the last two days working to fix it and have reduced the occurrence of it but not eliminated it altogether. Hopefully our private beta testers can help me nail this one. Once that's done we will go out to public beta.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1145 Saturday 7 Feb 2015

I have just uploaded the new CO2 Build 5.04 LNL Installer for our beta testers to test. As I mentioned earlier there is a known UI bug that we want to track down. So this may take a bit of time. Stay tuned.

papymaj5

Thanks for the update Dave, very exciting! I am very much looking forward to the release. Have a great weekend.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1730 Monday 9 Feb 2015

Testing on the weekend revealed some bugs in the UI. I have fixed these now (touch wood) and have just uploaded another Bete build 5.0.5. Hopefully LNL will get their installer done asap and we'll be able to progress the testing tomorrow. We're getting there.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1700 Tuesday 10 Feb 2015

LNL came through with a speedy turnaround on the installer. It's now being tested. Fingers crossed! :)

I have just finished converting the data for the starter pack. My brain is dead. Back to the manual tomorrow.

john connor

Faster than Matrix, then. Good stuff, Dave. (And David.)

The starter pack? Is that the full works (plus Med), you mean, or only the three intro scenarios?

I really hope we can get to some new content quickly (keen to buy!) and I believe that the Med pack is that, no? After which we have to wait a few months more for KOAD and Westwall? And half a year (at least) before Chir?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The so called starter pack comprises five modules, namely:
  • Highway to the Reich (Market Garden)
  • Foothills of the Gods (Greece)
  • The Cauldron (Med)
  • Ride of the Valkyries(Northern Bulge)
  • Bastogne (Southern Bulge)
I was discussing with David Heath about the name for this pack and we won't be calling it the starter pack. David suggested "The Commander" module. I'm open to a better suggestion for the title.

john connor

Western Front Corps Command Pack. Or Western Theatre Corps Command Pack.

It's such a mixed batch it's difficult to think of anything meaningful.

So we get CO2 this week or next. When does this first pack come out? I'm worried about you actually making some money! ;)

Beowulf

"The Commander" sounds perhaps a little too generic, "Western Front [...]" sounds good, but might be too misleading due to people attaching Western Front to mainly western Europe in 1944. Maybe "The Commander 1941-1944" could work better?

Whatever will be the name, that is great news. Can hardly wait to lay my hands on the game. Fingers crossed for bug-free release.

pekische

"The Commander" sounds perhaps a little too generic, "Western Front [...]" sounds good, but might be too misleading due to people attaching Western Front to mainly western Europe in 1944. Maybe "The Commander 1941-1944" could work better?

Whatever will be the name, that is great news. Can hardly wait to lay my hands on the game. Fingers crossed for bug-free release.

Or "Western Front (or Theatre) 1941-1944" ?

john connor

I had thought of that - 'Classic Ops' - but then thought it sounded a bit like you might be re-packaging something we had already bought long ago...:) That's why they're classic, right? In this business it's synonymous with 'old'. You want, surely, to have a name which makes them sound new and fresh and interesting for those who didn't already buy them some time ago? And also for those of us who did, but are looking forward to looking at them again through the new eyes of the new UI! 'Offensive Ops' ? I am hoping that it will be a new enough experience playing them with the UI changes to make me want to play them all again. Core Operations?