Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Desert Heat! Is it shipping yet?

Robert Ellis

Way to go Jay!

Got my notification this morning - just have to wait for the shipping to Ye Merry Olde England;)

Jay Townsend

The game looks fantastic:

The 16 scenarios are a nice grouping, mixing different nationalities, famous battles and unit types together. With only 300 units, naturally to won't get every type of AFV but I am sure more will come in the future but Desert Heat does a go job of picking just enough AFV types to make it look very fun to play.

Nationalities: The British which also represent the Commonwealth as well, as the Commonwealth countries will have to wait another day to get their own colors. The French counters are used for both the Vichy and Free French, and of course the Germans, Italians and Americans. Overall a very nice mix.

The Maps, for Desert maps these are some of the best I have seen and no warping and just beautiful.

Rules and charts, all color, very nice.

Great looking product, I would grade it an A!

two very minor flaws:

1. The First two rows of both Italian units are miss-cut on both copies a bit but still useable.

2. Not a big deal but the counters texture in Desert Heat has a rougher finish that make it a bit more difficult to see the counter information. Minor thing, don't worry about it, just me nitpicking.

Matt Lohse

Arrived near the fog line here this morning. What Jay said about the looks... very nice. Given that my digital camera is dead and the only app my cell phone has is "paperweight", I will not be publishing pictures.

Matt Lohse

With only 300 units, naturally to won't get every type of AFV but I am sure more will come in the future but Desert Heat does a go job of picking just enough AFV types to make it look very fun to play.

The British which also represent the Commonwealth as well, as the Commonwealth countries will have to wait another day to get their own colors.

I might be working on a Cobra like expansion for DH that addresses both of those items. Now I just have to get further along with testing stuff for TLLF and I will get back to the DH expansion.

John Pender

Got my two copies today, game looks fantastic.

Two big positives I noticed so far are long scenario duration's in terms of number of turns, and all board area playable, I hate to play scenarios where part of the map is off limits as per setup rules.

Maps, counters, rules, box and player aids all look very nice, seems well worth the wait!
(Don't read this as I am willing to wait a year for ST :))

I guess its time to put my money where my mouth is "I won't order ST until DH arrives on my doorstep" I will be ordering two copies in the next few days.

Nice job to all involved in getting this game out of the warehouse so quickly, thanks!

Jay Townsend

I am glad you are ordering ST John, good news.

I love the 3RO 90mm truck mounted Italian AA/AT gun in Desert Heat, very cool looking counter.

Robert Ellis

Today, I had a card from the Post office telling me that I could collect a package (DH) from them provided I paid another £13.50 ($21) to cover 'customs inspection and handling'. According to them, these charges have been incurred because the correct information was not entered onto the customs form.

I've never had this happen before, so I'm a bit disgruntled, to say the least :-{

Keith T

I've received my copy on Monday. Awesome components ! Very nicely done ! I’ve briefly looks thru the rule book, I’m hoping to sit down tonight and get a game in.

Blackwell Hird

Staff member
Website
www.bhird.com
Today, I had a card from the Post office telling me that I could collect a package (DH) from them provided I paid another £13.50 ($21) to cover 'customs inspection and handling'. According to them, these charges have been incurred because the correct information was not entered onto the customs form.

I've never had this happen before, so I'm a bit disgruntled, to say the least :-{

Hello Robert

I read your post the other day but I got called away from the office. Please open a Support Ticket and we will be more then happy to look into this and figure out what happened.

Robert Ellis

I have just sent in a ticket with regards to the above. In addition, having just collected the game to day from the Post Office, I find that counter sheet 1 is very badly off-set, so I have included this issue in the ticket as well.

Robert Ellis

Replacement counter sheet arrived today, and its flawless!

Thanks you LnL - now I can, at last, play DH!