Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

CO2 Changes

john connor

Art, so far I've discovered you right click on the task symbol (the Move box or attack arrow etc) once you've placed it and you get a choice. Select edit task and the screen you want appears.

I wonder if there's a way of getting it to be there without so many clicks?

Peter

DerGrenadier

Where do I find the screen that comes up when issuing orders about route, ROF, aggro, etc?
When you gave an Order, click on the order symbol on the map, then right click on it and then you can edit the order as before in CO1.

Jeff Hatfield

Is there anything yet that describes what all the color means? Also wondering what Movement Rates is telling me other than maybe advantageous Move terrain for foot/motorized?

New Overlay Feature. New map overlays have been added to display:
  • Anti-Pers firepower (friendly and enemy)
  • Anti-Armour firepower (friendly and enemy)
  • Armour Concentration (friendly and enemy)
  • Map Control (current friendly, old friendly, contested, old enemy and current enemy)
  • Movement Rates (foot and motorised)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Jeff,

Here's a screenshot showing APerFP overlay. The Strongest is in red. It then graduates to yellow, green abd finally blue, which is the weakest. Areas with no colour have no firepower (or so the Intel indicates). It's similar for the other firepower overlays.
APerFP Overlay Key.jpg

For the move maps non-colour means impassable.
Mot Movement Overlay Key.jpg

For the control map dark blue is current friendly, light blue is old friendly, dark red is current enemy, orange is old enemy and no colour is contested.
Control Overlay Key.jpg

I will get to the rest in due course but I need to give priority to bug fixing at the moment. In general the brighter the colour the better.

kipanderson

Hi,

Firstly... congratulations on 2.0. Was expecting a lot and was not disappointed.

Quick question... I think I remember that some update to the code regarding the way artillery is called. Who can call it, some rudimentary modelling of the disruption of Froward Observers was planned.. did any of this make it in..?

Did notice its absence when playing the Eastern Front scenarios from about six months ago in version 1.0.

All the best,

Kip.

I do not know if this is new, but I just started playing the "Spearhead v Reich" scenario and I must report that the SNOW map is awesome. One of the things I was hoping for with Command Ops 1 was for snow for the Battles from the Bulge module. Now it looks like we have them. I have not checked out all the scenarios yet but I'm hoping there are more SNOW MAPS. Awesome job.

john connor

Lots of snowy scenarios with snowy maps, Joseph (in CO1 too, actually), and - best thing - it's dynamic, so changes with the weather!

MarkShot

My hotspots (book marks for the map with saved zoom levels and a cross session option) didn't seem to make it in as a new feature! My feelings are hurt as I asked for that back at Battlefront with RDOA. In any case, I am willing to bet that the addon I coded for HTTR/COTA/BFTB will still work with this engine (or just need a few slight tweaks). Of course, I will make it available to the community as a download.

MarkShot

I am glad you liked it. Does it still work with CO2? I installed BFTB(HTTR/COTA) this week. But I've been too busy installing and fixing things to play anything. I've downloaded CO2, but have not installed it yet. If the screen location and pixel dimensions of the strat map is the same, then I think I will only have one line to add:

GroupAdd, PGGameSeries, Airborne Assault
GroupAdd, PGGameSeries, Command Ops
; add CO2 window name here

I am glad Dave has added the replay. I am not sure how he did it, but my proposal was to:

* Log the user input command stream along with, I guess, unique ID of the simulation loop iteration so that they could be fed in at the right time.

* Then store the starting seed of the random number generator such that the same outcomes could be reproduced.

* Then simply run the engine to emulate what a replay would look like.

* "Jump back in" is just switching from the logged input stream to actual keyboard and mouse.

* You can performance optimize this by doing a save game state in the replay stream every simulated hour allowing a fast forward or fast backward index step without having to emulate the actual game from 0 hour.

I miss Eddy S. and the great times the team had as he was the other systems person. Most were like Bil H. Mil vets who would make me feel like a wimp for not using NATO symbols! :)

MarkShot

John,

I finally got to install the game. I think it is the end of the line for PGE (Pather Game Enhancer). Why? The Strat Map is now free floating. My utility depended on capturing and replaying the pixel coordinates of the Strat Map to create bookmarks. However, now, I cannot even know if it is open, and if so where it is on the screen. Although, I may be able to test for the presence of the window name "Control" and its coordinates. But it seems like a lot of work. :(

Dave, if you are reading this, as a form Systems Designer, I don't think the user should be able to push the free floating control beyond the physical bounds of the screen.

HercMighty

John,
Dave, if you are reading this, as a form Systems Designer, I don't think the user should be able to push the free floating control beyond the physical bounds of the screen.

I disagree. I like being able to move the secondary forms to monitor two without having to stretch the entire main window across.....

MarkShot

Good point! And funny, since I plan to get a second monitor and didn't consider that. I have to see what I can do through AHK to either:

(1) Force the window to a known location.

(2) Determine the window's location and from there work with relative offsets.

(3) See if there are other AHK calls which will work window relative as opposed to screen relative.

There is probably a way to do it. I've always been better with WinBatch, but AHK is free and I can distribute my work. I will figure it out after the game goes production. I haven't even played BFTB yet anyway.

MarkShot

I've looked at the new UI. I believe I can get PGE (Panther Games Enhancer) which provided map hotspots/zoom (like bookmarks) when playing on large maps across gaming sessions WORKING!!! [Previously, it worked for HTTR/COTA/BFTB. However, the new version will probably only support CO2.]

When I get a chance, I will look at updating the code to support a floating Control Window. If the pixel size or art work was rescalable by the player, I don't think I could do it. But for this UI, I just need to make the code child window mouse addressing relative. Before it was screen relative.

I'll post when I have something coded up.