Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.8 - I can´t play on my computer(1366x768 resolution)

verdugo94

Hello , i cant play the game on my laptop, it is windows 8.1 and its resolution is 1366x768, but when I load it , the background image looks weird, and when i choose a map it doesnt load it properly, I got a black screen.

Please help.

verdugo94

I attach my dxdiag, so you can see it

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    102.2 KB · Views: 3

john connor

I was curious, Verdugo, but I don't know how to read DX diags. Dave might appreciate that, however. It's the intel integrated card - the HD4000, or whatever, right?

verdugo94

Yeah it has 2 graphic cards. The intel and the radeon

Fin de la transmision

john connor

Not sure how the radeon works, but on one of my laptops with an Nvidia it pays to check in the Nvidia control panel that the machine is using as a default the Nvidia card and using the Nvidia card (and not the intel card, which is crap) with the game you're playing. Might be the same with radeon? Just a thought.

That said, CO1 worked fine on my laptop with only the intel card. Haven't tested CO2 with it yet.

verdugo94

yeah i made what you said but i didnt work, i think its a problem related to resolution

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
No I doubt it's a resolution issue as it is drawing the startup screen and it is drawing the toolbars in the right spot. It appears to be failing to draw the map and the icons on it. Maybe a graphics RAM issue. I note from your DXDiag report that your on board Intel graphics only has 1 Gb of dedicated graphics RAM. It shares the other four gigs with the cpu. There does not appear to be any other graphics card. However, I really would have thought that 1Gb was enough.

Can I ask you to do the following.
  • Reboout your machine.
  • Do not run anything else - ie do not open any other app.
  • Launch CO2
  • Report back on whether it works.
If it doesn't you could try shutting down processes (if you know what you are doing). Depending on your system config you could be running a number of processes in the background that are hogging your graphics RAM. But if you don't know what you are doing, then don't bother with this.

Try this and get back to me.

verdugo94

No I doubt it's a resolution issue as it is drawing the startup screen and it is drawing the toolbars in the right spot. It appears to be failing to draw the map and the icons on it. Maybe a graphics RAM issue. I note from your DXDiag report that your on board Intel graphics only has 1 Gb of dedicated graphics RAM. It shares the other four gigs with the cpu. There does not appear to be any other graphics card. However, I really would have thought that 1Gb was enough.

Can I ask you to do the following.
  • Reboout your machine.
  • Do not run anything else - ie do not open any other app.
  • Launch CO2
  • Report back on whether it works.
If it doesn't you could try shutting down processes (if you know what you are doing). Depending on your system config you could be running a number of processes in the background that are hogging your graphics RAM. But if you don't know what you are doing, then don't bother with this.

Try this and get back to me.

Hello Dave,
I reboouted my computer but the same problem is here, y also opened the task manager but i didnt find any suspicious program, even steam was off and that kind of apps.

EDIT: i tried to reinstall, but nothing. The problem is still here

Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
verduogo94,

You mention above that your machine had two graphic cards - Radeon and integrated Intel. Can you turn off the Radeon card - ie disable it by opening the Computer Management control panel, selecting Device Manager, expanding the tree to show the Radeon card, and then right click it and select Disable from the context menu.
Disable Graphics Card.jpg

Once you have done that, run CO2 and report back if it works. If it doesn't turn on the Radeon and see if you can turn off the Intel card.

verdugo94

verduogo94,

You mention above that your machine had two graphic cards - Radeon and integrated Intel. Can you turn off the Radeon card - ie disable it by opening the Computer Management control panel, selecting Device Manager, expanding the tree to show the Radeon card, and then right click it and select Disable from the context menu.
View attachment 1140

Once you have done that, run CO2 and report back if it works. If it doesn't turn on the Radeon and see if you can turn off the Intel card.

Hello Dave,

now it works, if i disable one of the two graphics cards( doesnt matter which of them) the game load the map perfectly. But when both of them are activate the map is in black screen. How can i tell the game to use only one of the graphic cards?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Well that's some progress. The game app cannot control which graphic card to use. That goes against all the use interface guidelines that say your app should not second guess the user's intention. So it needs to come from your system settings. I would recommend you just disable your integrated graphics (ie the Intel one). Your Radeon's much better anyway.