Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1130, 13 March 2015

David Heath rang to advise me that they have had some technical problems with the store site and serial numbers. They have now posted the new products up in the "In the Works" section. See:
http://lnlpublishing.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=72

They are still not ready for sale as such but progress is happening. David Heath will advise when they are ready.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay Dave and I have been working hand in hand to get this game to you. We really wanted to make sure it was perfect. We did find a few store bugs and got those fixed right away. I just posted the game will be released on Monday Morning. If any one has any issues getting or downloading the software please open a support ticket. Our new system will save all your order history and allow you to re-download your purchases.

I will be checking the forum and emails. Please let us know what you end up liking and not.

David

Beowulf

Bummer, I've hoped I could lay my hands on it on the weekend. But I'm glad for the open communication in spite of our constant nagging ;)

Wiggum

Just came back from a week long Field Training Exercise and (almost) all i wanted for my weekend was to play some CO2...argh !
But again, i have to say the 50$ offer for all the modules is just great if you look at other wargames, instant buy !

le loup

My Dear Mr O'Connor
My first posting here and my promise to buy the pack tomorrow even though I have all the originals!!!
Anyway, glad to see you have reached a ripe old age (must be the meditation because most of use could not sustain your stress levels) but you still have to go some to catch me up.
Good luck with this new enterprise and my hope that II is not too different to I because, as you know, I can't cope with too much change. ;-)
Your great admirer
Ray Wolfe

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
My Dear Mr O'Connor
My first posting here and my promise to buy the pack tomorrow even though I have all the originals!!!
Anyway, glad to see you have reached a ripe old age (must be the meditation because most of use could not sustain your stress levels) but you still have to go some to catch me up.
Good luck with this new enterprise and my hope that II is not too different to I because, as you know, I can't cope with too much change. ;-)
Your great admirer
Ray Wolfe
Wonderful to hear from you Ray. I hope you are well and that Nurse if still tolerating your barbs.:)

john connor

So. It's up and buyable, and I bought it (CO2 and the Commander pack). Seemed to be without problems through paypal - now I'll try to download it! Great stuff. Thanks! Can't wait to get to Africa....

My order number was 1112. I hope that means that already 1,112 people have bought it!

Best of luck with sales Dave and David.

Peter

Thanks for providing the pack at a great price (even tho the aussie dollar is down the tube lol..)
Nice fast download too.

cheers Chris

Last edited:

TMO

Have repeatedly tried to buy this product but get stuck on step 2 despite entering correct info. Any help gratefully received!

Gary Bezant

A minor cosmetic suggestion. Dave, if you removed the word scenario from the tiles on the scenario selection button the names would fit on to the button instead of overlapping as they do in some cases.

SSG D

Dave,

Purchase of the Commanders Pack went fine. After finally finding the download button on the LNL order page, I downloaded the Core Game and the Commanders Pack with no problems. All the installs went fine. I just copied each serial number from my order receipt to the install window as I did each module. Worked like a charm.

The game loads on my computer, now I get to see if I can figure out how to run things.

Thanks

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1800 Wed 18 Mar 2015

It's certainly been a busy two days since the release. A number of issues have arisen. I will deal with those in order.

First, pricing policy. There's been a lot of rumours and just plain inaccurate statements made on this and other forums. We have put out a CO2 Pricing policy here:
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/co2-pricing-policy.1295/
Please check the facts before you make a call on this. The responsibility for speaking the truth rests with everyone and not just the developers and publishers. Of course, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask us in the above thread.

Second, Game Speed. There have been a number of people who believe the game runs too slow. I acknowledge that with all the extra processing and the new MS D2D Surface graphic engine the drawing of unit icons, in particular has slowed the game down from CO1/BFTB. I will be discussing options for addressing this with Paul Scobell and hope to start work on whatever mods we decide upon once things quieten down from the launch. So probably next week. I am confident we will improve the speed of play.

Third, Message Log. There was a bug/shortcoming in the code that managed the new message log dialog in that it failed to load existing messages upon loading or reactivation. I have now fixed this.

Fourth, Authorisation Issue. This affected some users who were not running as admin users. It prevented them from running the game. We have identified the problem and LNL will be working up the solution and most likely this will require a new installer. We hope to get that out early next week along with a new 5.0.8 build that will include the fixes we have done so far.

Fifth, Keyboard Events. If you select a dialog and then move the mouse over the map and hit the spacebar or some other key then it won't pass the key to the map window unless you first click on the map. I will fix this but it won't probably be till next week as it will involve a fair bit of time.

Sixth, Other Minor Issues. There's been a few minor issues reported. I have fixed a number of these already and hope to iron out more by the end of the week.

So it will most likely turn out that we will put out a new build early next week. It will address most of the reported issues bar the speed and keyboard events issues. Once this is out I will get stuck into the speed and keyboard events issues.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your cooperation and patience.

john connor

Brilliant, Dave. Many thanks. Having so much confidence in you I already erased CO1 from my machine, so I'll be relieved when the speed thing is sorted out. All in all I would say it's a great build and you must regard it as a success if, basically, there are only these handful of little issues plus one or two larger ones, though - as I said before - I really think the speed/lag thing is terribly important, because it ruins the feel of play (even if, in fact, it's perfectly possible to play with it), and it will be off-putting for many if it's not fixed. Many of us would struggle, I think, to understand how we're running extremely graphics intensive games on our fairly high-spec systems and yet a game with minimal graphics (such as this) struggles to cope. I can run - with no problems (for example) - Elite Dangerous on this very i7 laptop. I realise it's all quite complicated, but that would be the intuitive issue - how come the graphics are relatively simple yet at the moment they stutter and lag? And the lag thing feels different to the speed issue. I would think of the speed issue as how fast the game can run on various settings (and this has taken a hit too, obviously), whereas the lag thing (which is the most irritating thing) is that tiny gap between clicking (or scrolling) and getting a response.

All in all, must say congrats, though. Like I said, 2 or 3 important things and a handful of trivia to fix. Great job!! Many thanks.

Peter

mga

How will the updates be handled? Will there be incremental patches or just re-download the installer?

EdJaws

Thanks for the prompt response to everything that's been thrown at you; hectic days, I'm sure.

Just getting the game to run as a non-admin will float my boat for now. I have a lot of catching up to do as far as game play and the interface go.

All the best.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Ed, hectic days indeed. We've fixed that issue here. I just need to put out a new build and then LnL needs to work up a new installer. We will a to get that out to you early next week.

I might add that the local council cutting the power this morning isn't helping. I'm typing this on my phone.