Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

scrambled unit tabs

john connor

As requested, a new thread on this issue:

Untitled 2.png

I haven't been able to get it to consistently repeat so I could say when it happens. Anyone else seen this and can report when it happens?

panzerde

It happened right after I tried to edit a bombard mission. It stayed that way the remainder of the game. I'll try again in a bit and see if I can replicate it.

panzerde

Hey Dave, looks like I can replicate it at will. This happened as soon as I went to edit my first bombard task.

Attachments

• 2015-03-17 21_36_00-Greenshot.png
    2015-03-17 21_36_00-Greenshot.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

panzerde

New data point Dave. It looks like that if I explicitly set my resolution to 1920x1080, this problem doesn't happen. If I'm set to use desktop resolution (which is 1920x1080) then it happens.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
New data point Dave. It looks like that if I explicitly set my resolution to 1920x1080, this problem doesn't happen. If I'm set to use desktop resolution (which is 1920x1080) then it happens.
Sorry I'm confused. Are you saying that if you select the 1920 x 1080 option from the Set Screen Resolution window at game start then you do not get this problem and if you select Use Current Res then you do get the problem?

*budd*

I downloaded the demo and started playing St.Vith. i also got the garbled text when the force box was open, alt tab to desktop [to check my font size settings] and it went back to normal and i couldn't get it to repeat. Got the garbled text a second time and alt tabbed to desktop and it went back to normal again.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I downloaded the demo and started playing St.Vith. i also got the garbled text when the force box was open, alt tab to desktop [to check my font size settings] and it went back to normal and i couldn't get it to repeat. Got the garbled text a second time and alt tabbed to desktop and it went back to normal again.
budd,

What was your font setting. Was it 96dpi?

panzerde

Sorry I'm confused. Are you saying that if you select the 1920 x 1080 option from the Set Screen Resolution window at game start then you do not get this problem and if you select Use Current Res then you do get the problem?

Correct. I've been playing for some time now in a game where I selected the 1920 x 1080 option without issue. In prior games where the text was garbled I had left it on the default choice, Use Current Desktop Resolution.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Ooh that is interesting. Can you please confirm that your current screen size is 1920 x 1080 by right clicking on the desktop and selecting Screen Resolution from the context menu. Check there too for the resolution of any other monitor you have attached and get back to me thanks.

panzerde

Yes, native resolution is 1920 x 1080. No other displays attached. Running an Nvidia GTX 770M in an MSI GT series gaming laptop, Core i7, 12 GB RAM. The laptop also has Intel graphics, and I've seen a few games that don't play well with the dual graphics set up of these gaming laptops. Display is an ASUS VG248 running at 144hz.

Beowulf

Scrambled tab1.jpg Scrambled tab2.jpg

I also have scrambled text in those windows - task editing window and force composition window.
Task editing window - it works fine until I edit bombard order, every other task editing window I open after editing bombard order will have scrambled text. I guess it has something to do with this window not refreshing and showing different order editing options (bombard order options and "normal" order options overlay each other, as you can see)
Force window - it happens when I open the window, switch to E&S tab, dismiss the window. From now on every Force composition window I open will have scrambled text. Unpausing the game causes this window to "refresh" itself and text shows properly after a second or two, but the problem persists for newly opened windows (one at a time, or more - it doesn't matter).

Unfortunately I cannot use panzerde method, because selecting any other option than current resolution results in black boxes (as posted in relevant thread). I have only one card (gtx 970 with latest drivers), without integrated chipset, so that should not be the issue here.

Last edited: