Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Rules for SADF, US Marines, etc. from LOF 8-10?

Ken Warren

As a newcomer to the WaW series (EGD is on order, have the First Moves Demo and downloaded the Untold Stories rules), what rules and/or other components are required to play the South Africa scenarios from LOF? (Besides a copy of LOF 8-10, of course.:) )

For some reason, I have a burning desire to play the South African scenarios.

Matt Lohse

When it doubt, a good place to start looking is the WaW scenario guide over at BGG. Not having pdfs of a couple of the issues, I don't know which scenarios are the South African ones in each issue, I think I have the ones from LOf9 and 10 identified. Those look to need the relevant LOFs [so 8-9 for 9, 8-10 for 10] as well as the Compendium. Not sure on the ones from 8.. perhaps just it and maybe the compenidum. But I don't know for sure on it since again I am not sure which ones are which.

Rule wise, you could get by fine with the TUS rules. EGD ought to have all the informational counters you need. Anyone know which scenarios from 8 are the South African ones [without me having to go dig through game boxes]?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/52636/waw-scenario-guide

LOF Issue 8 [December 2010]:
All will require one of the games for information counters.

Beating About the Bush: LOF8
The Beginning of the End: LOF8
Hot War: LOF8, C [or whichever LOF issue had map 3], BaB or Garbo [for SU-25].
Spring Cleaning: EG, Dot1P, BaB
New Moon on Monday: LOF8, EG, BaB, Dot1P, C. Not sure where the other 2 2S1 counters come from.
Tanks, Mr. Rico! Zillions of 'em.: EG, C, LOF8, BaB, LOF6 [for 13th GT], Dot1P.

LOF Issue 9 [March 2011]
All will require at least one game for the information counters.

The Sting: EG, BaB
The Retreat: LOF9, C, LOF8 [think this is one of the South African ones]
Tank on Tank: LOF9, LOF8 [think this is one of the South African ones]

First Move Varients...
First Blood: EG, TUS
Erste Bewegung: EG, Dot1P
First Catch: EG, BaB, TUS
First Fight: EG, BaB
First Moves '82: EG, either LOF2 or C [or maybe LOF6]

LOF10, June 2011

1. First Encounter: EG, BnB
Fulda Modulette
2. Fateful Dawn: BnB, EG, TUS, LOF10
3. Escalation: BnB, EG, TUS, LOF10
4. The Main Event: BnB, EG, TUS, LOF10

Others.
5. The Hostages: LOF8, LOF9, LOF10, C [think this is one of the South African ones]
6. Blocking Back: LOF8, LOF9 LOF10, C [think this is one of the South African ones]

Ken Warren

Thanks for the wealth of information! Apparently, I have a lot of reading to do! Glad to hear I should be OK rules-wise.

zaarin7

Either on BGG for Eisenbach Gap or the Consimworld discussion there is a link to a pdf that list all the units in the various games, LoF's, and home made ones. There are also several unofficial expansions on BGG. I think combined there are over a 100 scenarios in various sources.

Ken Warren

Just a quick update, if anybody cares. :)

I received Blood & Bridges, Compendium, and LOF#8 for Christmas! Everything looks great (some miscut counters from BaB that I'll need to see about getting replacements) and I'm looking forward to getting some WaW playing time, probably starting with the South African scenarios from LOF#8.