Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FAQ - Game Manual

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The CO2 Game Manual is currently a work in progress. I am updating the old CO1 version with all the new graphics and features. Needless to say its a big job. I will post updates regularly as I go. Currently the version that comes out with the Core Engine has the first 34 pages. This does, however, cover the new dialog interface.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask a question in these forums and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as I can.

Iconoclast

I was wondering, since you are revamping the manual, whether you could also add a bit more information on the mission setting? I remember a discussion on the matrix forum, but I can just speak for myself, where it was argued that the information on what some settings do (especially "ambush" and the ammo, supply, and aggro settings actually do) are quite scarce or to unspecific to actually know what exactly we are telling the unit to do. Maybe the "old guard" can point towards other documentation issues.

Just a thought though.

CaptEggman

Congratulations on the launch!

I hate to be that guy, but could we please have an ETA on the manual? My last stint with CO was with "Airborne Assault" and I'm a bit rusty. Not used to finding a barely started manual in a game copy I bought and paid for.

Grim.Reaper

Congratulations on the launch!

I hate to be that guy, but could we please have an ETA on the manual? My last stint with CO was with "Airborne Assault" and I'm a bit rusty. Not used to finding a barely started manual in a game copy I bought and paid for.

Take a look at this thread where the recommendation is to view manual, demo, and tutorial videos from last version since not drastically different until new manual out. This version of the game is still considered beta so I am sure the manual will be ready whenever officially released.

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/thr...ons-for-newbie-until-manual-is-complete.1260/

CaptEggman

Hey Grim.Reaper, thanks for the link, good stuff. Don't think I agree on the beta part, since I distinctly remember putting something into a basket and paying at checkout after reading on here and on wargaming sites that CO2 was out, but that's ok. I appreciate your answer and I will check the ressources you linked! And I shall be patient.

Grim.Reaper

As for beta, it was mentioned in a number of posts as the game was leading up to be released. They also recently updated the store page to indicate it is a beta release to lessen the confusion, but of course doesn't help if you bought before that was displayed.

kipanderson

Apologies for a “how to question.. “ ;).

Hi,

How do I delete Objectives.. ? Victory conditions.. ?

To my amazement I don’t seem to be able to delete them. I am editing a shipped scenario.. saved under a different name, and rather embarrassingly don’t seem to be able to work out how to delete the little fellows.. ;).

Hugely enjoying Com Ops 2.0,

All the best,

Kip.

Ripppe

Hmm, it seems that I can't find anything about the new (I presume its new, I haven't seen it with Bulge) "Defend in situ" option associated with Assault/Probe from the manual. Can someone clarify what this does?

papymaj5

Could Daz's tutorial document be added to the game manual? I have seen a few comments on steam asking for a step by step tutorial instruction. Non LnL users would have to search for it here to get that info when they could just use that document directly part of installation.