Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Lost OOB and unit Force Info

CaptEggman

I usually play on multiple screens, taking advantage of the new ability to move around things like the OOB or the Force Info screen. When playing undocked and hence with one screen only, I've noticed that both OOB and Force Info are gone. This also happens in new games.

I can select OB from the "Main" dialog, it then appears grayed out but displays nowhere. Force Info I can invoke on right click, but it again shows nowhere. I suspect it has something to do with the earlier multiple monitor setup.

john connor

I already posted about this and how to 'fix' or avoid it, Capteggman.

See here:
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/multiple-display-problem-vanishing-tabs.1301/

Hope this helps.

Basically the game has saved the position of your tabs on the second monitor and doesn't realise it's not there. To allow flexibility you should move all your tabs manually back to your main screen before exiting!

Lol. Dave says he will fix it, in the future.

CaptEggman

Appreciate the answer, John. I searched the forum, but must not have hit the correct keywords, sorry for the waste of time.

I've added some info for Dave in the thread mentioned.

john connor

Not a waste of time at all. Hope I didn't give that impression. :)

Interesting it saves your settings (including monitors etc) despite re-installing. Maybe a file in the registry or somewhere else, hidden from perusal. That must be new, I think, to the LnL system. I don't recall anything remaining at all following a reinstallation with the Matrix system.

CaptEggman

Is there a way to reset it? This is a potential issue. If a user's second screen is removed from the equation and just one of the panels was previously placed on it, the only way to reset the panels in order to show them on one screen would be to reinstall Windows.

john connor

the only way to reset the panels in order to show them on one screen would be to reinstall Windows

Or find and delete the registry entry?

Perhaps if you need to solve the issue before Dave fixes it, CapEggman, then Dave could tell you where the registry entry is. Then you could uninstall, delete the entry, reinstall.

CaptEggman

Well, if Dave implements the test for the existence of a second monitor, we're fine. Until then I was able to hook up my second monitor, move the panel and it seems to be where I need it now. The case where a user doesn't have a monitor anymore at all was a hypothetical.

I couldn't find the correct registry entry.