Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Graphic of initial screen...

pekische

Is the graphic of initail screen correct? I don´tthink so - visible issues of archive image, logos, menu..... It was in build 5.0.7 and now in 5.0.8 also. My screen resolution is 1680x1050

initial screen.GIF

Last edited:

EdJaws

That really does look awful, pekische. There is a noticeable checkerboard pattern going on there even in the COMMAND OPS 2 patch. That ain't right.

I'm running the game on a 24" 1920x1200 resolution monitor and those start up images look fine on my system. While you didn't give us any specs for your system we have nothing to compare it to and even if you did it might be hard to diagnose what the problem is other then to say you should be running the game at your monitors native resolution with updated video drivers for your video card.

Also, every time a photo is processed, it's quality will be reduced if you're using a lossy file format. gif and jpg are notorious for that. Consider too how and where Dave got these images, what kind of film they were shot on, along with how many times they have been processed. A lot of the old black and white film originally had a ton of grain and putting that image on a super sized monitor just exaggerates it.

Sorry can't be more helpful.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The initial screen shots are stored as 1920 x 1080 or 16:9 format. If your screen is not that format then they will have to be scaled and in doing this there may be distortion. How much will vary according to your graphics card. I can investigate further if there are some non standard transformation algorithms out there that we could call in such circumstances but that still may not fix what is a graphics card issue. We could go back to a lower rez screen in the hope that stretching is less likely to distort than shrinking but I doubt that will help.

If anyone has any advice on this issue I'm open to hear it.

map66

The initial screen shots are stored as 1920 x 1080 or 16:9 format. If your screen is not that format then they will have to be scaled and in doing this there may be distortion. How much will vary according to your graphics card. I can investigate further if there are some non standard transformation algorithms out there that we could call in such circumstances but that still may not fix what is a graphics card issue. We could go back to a lower rez screen in the hope that stretching is less likely to distort than shrinking but I doubt that will help.

If anyone has any advice on this issue I'm open to hear it.

Assuming all the other distortion issues come from just the stretching, maybe the easiest solution would be to keep the menu screen in a fixed aspect ration (16x9) and just have black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Gaetano

In my screen 17" j see:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 8

EdJaws

Somehow I don't think going from 16:9 to 16:10 is causing the screen Pekische is seeing in the OP. If you look closely there is a checkerboard pattern and intermittent dark lines running along the pattern.

Yes, you're going to get a slight stretching on a 16:10 screen, which is what 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 is. Somehow I think there is a video card, driver, or setting issue going on in his screen.