Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Failed purchase attempts - solved, and quickly

SG1

Dear all,
After repeated failed attempts to buy the game I am looking for advice.
Either the bank card is not recognised (direct payment without going through Paypal) or Paypal returns an error message reading that vendor account is wrong.
Not impressed, thinking of the numerous internet shopping I do without any problem.
I also got difficulties creating an account on the shop, regret such a move is necessary and different from the forum account created before.
Thanks in advance for your help or direction as to whom I should contact.
Kind regards,
Stéphane

SG1

Indeed, the issue is solved, the culprit being some specificity in the spelling of my Christian name. All in less than 24 hours. Purchase completed and download done.
So, thanks a lot for the efficiency and the help.
Best regards to all.
Stéphane

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Good to hear. If it's any comfort I had similar problems with the apostrophe in my surname. I hate these software programs that don't recognise apostrophes and diacriticals. I got stuck at an airport once because the airline had changed my name on the manifest by deleting the apostrophe and US Customs said the name on the manifest did not match the name in passport. But anyway I am glad that it's all sorted here.

Website
springelkamp.nl
Off topic:

In the early 1990's a Dutch judge ruled that a Hungarian had the right to have his name properly spelled with diacritical marks on official papers like driving licence and passport. His diacritics were Eastern European, but obviously Western European marks would also have to be supported, so no 8-bit encoding would do.

This was long before Unicode, so that way we ended up with expensive custom programs using a multibyte T61 encoding of the International Telecommunication Union. This standard has long been abandoned, but for legacy reasons still forms the basis of the Dutch citizen registration. I made a whole lot of encoding conversion programs for the Dutch driving license and vehicle registration, that interfaced with other (international) organisations.

Now I know that as a rule programmers don't handle diacritical marks correctly, and that there are an infinite ways to do it wrong :bored:.