Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Return to St Vith Tutorial Planning Aids *Spoiler alert for those playing as Axis*

Daz

If anyone is following this thread, and want's me to pay particular attention to a specific unit, formation, or part of the map, or has any queries on the tactics I use please feel free to ask in this thread.
Return-to-St-Vith-Part 1-page-13.jpg

Last edited:

Wiggum

Great Work Daz, this adds so much to the tutorial !
What program are you using for the military symbols ?

Daz

Thanks Guys :)
I use Photoshop for compiling the maps, then load the map into Illustrator to add the graphics.
The layout is done in InDesign, where for the first time, I have all the images compiled into one document like a book, so it should be much easier for me to do a pdf once its complete.
Return-to-St-Vith-Part 1-page-14.jpg

Last edited:

griffin115

If anyone is following this thread, and want's me to pay particular attention to a specific unit, formation, or part of the map, or has any queries on the tactics I use please feel free to ask in this thread.
View attachment 1356
Great series, Daz. A.25th did well to get to be overlooking St Vith in an hour. You must have put a rocket under them. It would be interesting to know the limits of their LOS over the town.

Daz

Thanks guys, I very much appreciate the feedback, it makes doing the AAR's more interesting for me.

I am probably being a bit optimistic saying that St Vith is empty, as you can see from the image there is still plenty of room for enemy to be hiding yet, in the town!
Regardless, it would appear that they have left the south eastern approaches un guarded, and a probe into the centre will reveal more.

A Tp 25 Cav Rcn Sq did indeed make very good time on their recce patrol. That was after a probe through the village of Schlierbach as well.
They only have a command delay of 7 min. These times seem much shorter than in CO1. I have asked Dave if this is working as intended.
I quite like the shorter delays, but it does make things easier.
Return-to-St-Vith-Part 1-page-15.jpg

Last edited:

john connor

Missed this until today, Daz. You excel yourself! Lovely production, and, as ever, very useful. Must take you ages. Many thanks! Really like the Sitrep and Game Tips boxes.

Peter

Daz

Thanks Peter. Glad you found it mate :)
I have the Grandkids here as well, so its a miracle I managed anything really. I had to put a tent up inside the shed for them, as its too cold and wet to camp outside apparently :zombie:
Edit: image is complete now.
Return-to-St-Vith-Part 1-page-16.jpg

Last edited:

Daz

It's just a blank box, no?

Tent in a shed. Love it.
Yeah sorry Peter.
The new graphic for the battle of Lommersweiler was all I had time for, but I posted it anyway as a teaser to let you know the battle for the village was up next lol

Daz

I thought it would be interesting to be able to compare the casualty figures after each of the major battles, so here is the first taken at Day 1, 13:10 after the battle of Steinebruck, and before the battle of Lommersweiler.
St-Vith-D1-1310-scores.jpg