Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.11 - order move and check attack or bypass

pierreoza

I have observed that sometimes i cannot check the checkbox 'attack' or 'bypass' when i want to edit the order '"move" for a unit.

Is-it worked as designed ?

I believe i have never seen this before 5.0.10.

thx

john connor

+1. Defintely a new bug. Sometimes you cannot select defend in situ either (not the formation option but the attack modifier checkbox).

But not being able to select attack or defend or ambush is a real pain.

Daz

Cant change the check box in Stragglers and Basing either.

Kurt

When I click 'retake position' it will un-check after about 5 seconds ! i often click it again before closing the dialogue but if i look later it has been removed again !

Daz

None of the check boxes in the Edit Tasks Dialogue work Dave.
When you click on them there is a slight change in state to register that you have clicked, then it just reverts back to the same as if nothing happened.

Ambush; Attacks; Bypass; Stragglers; Basing; Retake position; and Artillery Direct Support are all broken.

Auto Frontage and Depth check box is working ok, so is Auto Facing.
bugged-checkboxes.jpg

Daz

Ok with a little experimenting I now see why you are not experiencing this.
It only happens when you call the Edit Tasks dialogue from the bottom bar button.
If you call the Edit Tasks Dialogue from the right mouse click it works fine.

pierreoza

cannot remember specifically but as daz says, it was for all:
Ambush; Attacks; Bypass; Stragglers; Basing; Retake position; and Artillery Direct Support are all broken

The unit was capable of attacking - lutfwaffe batallion as i remind -.

thx.

For which the unit was this. Do you have a screen shot?

Certain units are not capable of attacking and so the Attack option will not be available to them. I need more specifics.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Ok with a little experimenting I now see why you are not experiencing this.
It only happens when you call the Edit Tasks dialogue from the bottom bar button.
If you call the Edit Tasks Dialogue from the right mouse click it works fine.
So is this what you are seeing? Note I have just selected the HQ and not group selected its subordinates. Note also that this occurs regardless of whether you activate the Task Edit dialog from the context menu or the toolbar button.
Attack Options.jpg

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
First off the Allow Attacks option is not enabled for Attack tasks.It is for Move tasks though. I tried this and could not get the behaviour you describe no matter which I went till I actually selected the All button. Then I noticed it. The code there was locking those options when it called ClearAll(). So now I have added code into the DisplaySelection() for the window to unlock those options. This appears to have fixed it.

FIXED

Daz

Well hopefully that's fixed it, but the greying out of the Ambush, Attacks and Bypass in your screenshot above were not applicable for my defend order in the image I posted above: Daz, Yesterday at 5:02 PM

I don't recall having touched the "All" button at all prior to experiencing this behaviour.
Like I said, none of the check boxes were working except for Auto facing and Frontage, when the dialogue was opened from the bottom bar, and I found it very easy to reproduce.
I wonder why you were having difficulty reproducing it? Something to do with the difference between an Attack order and a Defend order I guess.

Anyway good job on finding the problem mate.