Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

GPQ - What's the difference between the white and green text in the Plan Dialogue?

Daz

GPQ - What's the difference between the white and green text in the Plan Dialogue?

Daz

In that case Dave I would say its probably not working correctly, which is a shame because its a great idea.

The colours don't seem to update to light green (completed) at all. They stay as dark green (current) and then only after the game is saved and closed.
When it is loaded again the completed orders change colour to dark green (current).

Also the dark green (current) coloured tasks don't change to white when the task waypoints are dragged to a new location on the map making them future tasks again. They do change to white when a new order is first placed on the map however.

The black bar to indicate the selected task is also not updating dynamically when a different unit or task is selected on the map.

Actually there are a lot of inconsistencies associated with this colour coding, and dynamic updating of the Plan dialogue, which would probably be easier to experiment with yourself, than listening to me trying to explain them.

Daz

No problem Dave, I'm a patient kind of guy :rage: :punch::blackeye:

The colours, other than the first white one to indicate a new task, don't update on closing and re opening the Plan Dialogue though, only if you close and re start the game.
Its not a problem if you haven't got round to doing it yet, but just to make you aware, in case you thought you had ;)

Bobbyb1

Could up implement an 'update' button perhaps, rather than having (for now at least) to make these sorts of things dynamic? Then one could, for example, pause the game, open such a dialog, hit 'refresh' and have the data lookups happen on demand rather than happening all the time, with everything else the game engine is trying to take into account dynamically. Maybe such things could then be progressively developed into a more dynamic mode over time, probably re-using the code.

Rome can't be built in a day and I know you are constantly building it a street at a time. Just a thought for a laneway perhaps :)