Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Larger Maps for Lock 'n Load..... What do You Think

Do You Prefer the Smaller (Current) Maps or Larger Map Size

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi

We are considering making the Lock 'n Load maps larger and wanted to hear from everyone. This would will not change how many hexes on a map but would give you larger hexes. For Lock 'n Load Series games already released we would make available map packs that you could purchase yourself. Lets say we called them "XMap Packs" for gamers to purchase them for older games if they wanted. The counters will not be any larger so all the current game counters will work fine.

Each map would sell for about $5.00 each and a 5 Pack for about $20.00 plus shipping and handling. The first three pictures are from the Heroes of the Pacific and show the current map size and counters on them. The next six pictures show the new larger maps with the counters on them.

Give us your votes and please post any questions or comments.

David

Attachments

• HOTP-ORG1.JPG
    HOTP-ORG1.JPG
    518.5 KB · Views: 62
  • HOTP-ORG2.JPG
    HOTP-ORG2.JPG
    544.1 KB · Views: 48
  • HOTP-ORG3.JPG
    HOTP-ORG3.JPG
    519.7 KB · Views: 48
  • HOTP-New1.JPG
    HOTP-New1.JPG
    505.8 KB · Views: 51
  • HOTP-New2.JPG
    HOTP-New2.JPG
    496.6 KB · Views: 48
  • HOTP-New3.JPG
    HOTP-New3.JPG
    465.2 KB · Views: 43
  • HOTP-New4-Beach.JPG
    HOTP-New4-Beach.JPG
    475.5 KB · Views: 48
  • HOTP-New5-Beach.JPG
    HOTP-New5-Beach.JPG
    482.9 KB · Views: 49
  • HOTP-New6-Beach.JPG
    HOTP-New6-Beach.JPG
    495.4 KB · Views: 47

John Pender

Make the hexes large enough to fit four 5/8" counters and i'm in for as many as you make available.

Mark Drake

Have all the LNL modules (and am waiting on my two copies of Heroes of the Pacific) and am satisfied with the regular maps personally,but understand if folks also want larger maps.

HOWEVER, if future LNL modules go with the larger maps exclusively,thus limiting the amount of maps I can use in geomorphic fashion with my existing regualr size maps,then I am done with LNL.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Mark

IF we went with just bigger maps in the box we would make the smaller maps available on our store. We printed these up for testing and everyone in the office liked them. We wanted to get the gamers view on this.

David

Fco.

Yes, larger maps with larger hexes, please. I hate big stacks.

Ron Shirtz

I think the option to buy larger maps is great. But how about also offering printed sheets of larger counters?

When I play-tested HOTP, I blew up the PDF files of counters to scale the infantry, SW and guns up to 1" size like the vehicle counters.

Boy, did Julian's counter artwork pop-out on the map! Made it easy for my aging eyes. Neither the status or the vehicle counters need to be done. Just a thought.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Ron

I need to get tonight with David Julian on this and make sure we can do this. I agree on the old eyes which why we tested printed the map size. Let me look into this.

David

Ron Shirtz

If it's a matter of artist permission, I understand. Otherwise, print-wise, when I scaled up the small counters slightly to print them 1", it did not negatively affect the sharpness of the counter art at all.

As far as printing costs to provide them, I'd be happy to buy just printed counter sheets, even if it means I have to mount them on cardboard or wood tiles.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
HI Ron

We like to make sure David Julian is ok with the idea but we are also considering printing them on stickers as far as counters go. Again let me look into this and see what everyone says.

David

JeF

Hi,

Larger maps would be welcome. Even though I think it is fair for the people who already own several LnL modules to stick with regular maps in the boxes and offering larger maps on demand.

If you would make maps available (any size) as separate purchase and, possibly counters if I read correctly, whatabout offering generic maps and counter sheets. These would not be linked to a particular module, but sold as extra.
Let say, a counter sheet per nationality (germans, US army, US marines WWII, etc...).
Same with maps : generic town map, farmland, jungle, etc....

And I like to idea to have the customers mount them in order to save costs.

Take care.

Stefano G.

Lager hexes are nice with no doubt...but i would much more like to have lager maps with regular size hexes instead : IMO, having to increase map dimension, it's more useful to have more depicted terrain in the map than to have enlarged hexes. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

sdickes

The thought of larger hexes excites me. Having room to more easily manipulate "stacks" of pieces will increase game play for me -- I have held stacks off board to try to manage this.

I do agree with Stefano that larger maps is interesting too but that can be accomplished using additional map sections.

Thanks,

Steve D.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hey guys I am not looking to make larger map for more hexes. I am looking at making a larger hex. So the map will have the same amount of hexes it does now but the hexes will be larger and make it easier to display and move your units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crak

Please keep small hexes the default in the box. Some of the giant fold out maps are too big already when you're not playing one of the large scenarios.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Please keep small hexes the default in the box. Some of the giant fold out maps are too big already when you're not playing one of the large scenarios.

These maps are about 12 x 18 so they are NOT big thin paper fold out maps. These are heavy card stock maps so this should not be a problem.

David

sdickes

And to be clear -- I really like the thought of larger hexes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk