Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

FIXED 5.0.14 - Move waypoints problem

Move - multiple waypoint not working (shift+move)

This the first move order of the scenario - only other orders issued are bombard to set up the FS.

Attachments

• AutoSave #1 Waypoint glitch.zip
    71.8 KB · Views: 0

Rob

Was going to send screenshot but its ALL waypoints so could see little point (NPI). You cant set multiple waypoints for anything. Furthermore I just retested and looks like it has something to do issuing the previous Bombard orders.
Hi,

Not 100% certain, but this sounds like the return of an old intermittent CO1/BFTB bug where if the 1st orders of the game were to set bombardment orders then multiple waypoints could not be set. I remember this happening in the (seemingly) distant past. The workaround was to make bombardments your second set of orders. :nailbiting:

Rob.

*budd*

just tried this on the tutorial, if your first order is a bombard you cant set waypoints it just moves the end task location when you click, no waypoints set.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Took me a bit of time to track this one down. There was a bit of code in the create function for a game task that, for some reason I do not know was checking if the first game task ever created was a bombard or fire and if so it was deleting the new waypoint. I removed this code and now it falls down into the code it should have been using and it appears to be working fine. It still won't create multiple waypoints for bombard and fire tasks but will for all others. I must admit I am mystified why this code was there. I can only assume it was part of a bigger code block that was paired down over time and rather than removing the whole thing was left. ANyway it's done and dusted now.

FIXED

Took me a bit of time to track this one down. There was a bit of code in the create function for a game task that, for some reason I do not know was checking if the first game task ever created was a bombard or fire and if so it was deleting the new waypoint. I removed this code and now it falls down into the code it should have been using and it appears to be working fine. It still won't create multiple waypoints for bombard and fire tasks but will for all others. I must admit I am mystified why this code was there. I can only assume it was part of a bigger code block that was paired down over time and rather than removing the whole thing was left. ANyway it's done and dusted now.

FIXED
ta Dave